transmission trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission trouble

when im driving in OD above like 60 and let off the gas to coast... it feels like the car is surging / pulsing. like when you drive along and just tap the gas a bit so it speeds up and then uoi let off right away.

its bad enough to feel through out my body but the car shift ok while im on the gas

another problem..at WOT the 1-2 shift seems like it starts at 5600 rpm and finally finishes the shift about 6000 rpm..its very slow..like it just lags and then finally shift.. i ahev tried to install a corvette servo to ease the 1-2 problem but my stock servo seems to be the problem as it wont come out unless you drop the entire transmission

hmm i dont know what to do..and i dont know how to tell the dealer whats wrong so they will fix it..

BTW car has 16000 miles on it and new fluid and filter

thanks..sorry for the rambling

Jeff W

Is it still under warranty? Just tell them that the 1-2 shift is much slower than the 2-3 and 3-4 shift and that there is a surging on the highway. Hopefully they will be able to understand what you mean. I know it suckes to take your car to a dealer and tell them whats wrong. I have taken mine, told them what i know, and they tell me that they see nothing wrong with it... Its like "Fine, you drive it for 10 minutes and think its ok; I drive it every day and I know how i should/has been acting...". If it is under warranty, try to tell them... With any luck they can fix it.

~Brian
    NEW 2002 Onyx Black SS Camaro<br />M6, leather, T-tops, Hurst shifter<p>sold: 1999 Pewter V6 A4 Camaro

Comment

Check the ducting between your airlid and air silencer (or whatever you replaced the air silencer with), and between the air silencer and the TB. I had the same problem, and I found that the ducting had come disconnected from the PVC tube that replaced the air silencer, and it was sucking air from behind the air box. Same exact problems, the engine would surge when it coasted, and some of the shifts were sluggish, almost like a slow manual shift.
      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X