No OD until warm up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No OD until warm up

I've been having this problem all winter -- only thing is, I'm not sure its a problem. This is the first winter I've had the aftermarket exhaust, so it's quite possible that the car behaved the same way last winter but I never noticed it.

Anyway, after I take off for work in the morning my car refuses to shift into OD until the car reaches operating temp. I mean 195.

I can understand keeping the car out of OD for a little while so it'll warm up faster, but 195? Thats pushing it a bit. Thats literally like 5 miles of my trip to work. :D

My car never gets to 195 unless I leave it sitting a While for with the defroster or AC off. But it does shift different till it warms up a bit though.
    97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

My car came with a 195 degree stat stock (it says 195 on it for anyone who wants to tell me I'm wrong [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and with it in it rides up to 195 and stays there.

In the warmer weather I throw the 160 back in, but I took it out for the cold weather because my fuel mileage had dropped by over 35% with the car running so cold in 0F - 40F degree weather.

I also took the Jet chip out, and lemme tell you -- they say its hard to tell a small HP gain with the a$$ meter, but its pretty easy to feel a small HP loss with it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

my car won't shift into overdrive when cold, but as soon as it is over that first mark it will, nowhere near 195.
        New Car: 2004 GTP Comp G (Test Vehicle) 13.936@99.32 <br />Mods: Cylinder Filter,No Mufflers, 3.3\" <br />Old Car: 2000 Formula 13.124 @ 106.01 with 2.73\'s<br />Other Car: 1993 Firebird 16.1@83

Comment

Mine to came with a 195 stat stock and never ran hotter than 180 while driving and would never get any hotter unless I had the defroster or AC off, which would keep the fans off until it reached 210. Wonder why the fans run all the time with the AC or defroster on
          97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X