Slipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipping?

Sometimes, not all the time. When I'm going around 70MPH +-5MPH if I let off the gas (to slow down a tad) and then press the gas in again (just a bit to regain my speed) it seems as tho the engine revs up a little too much and then the car kicks forward. Is this a bad thing? :(

nah, its just the convertor coming out of lockup and going back in.... they all do this
    99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99BlueSuperSix:
      nah, its just the convertor coming out of lockup and going back in.... they all do this<hr></blockquote>

nah I know what you mean...but on the highway at 70MPH +-5MPH you do it and it'll rev up to 2800RPMs or so (what I'd be doing if I was at 86MPH or so) and then the car lunges forward a bit as the RPMs come back down. Doesn't feel very normal to me. Is there something wrong elsewhere? Gimmie details...I'm concerned.

Comment

Maybe you're pressing the pedal, it's going to grab the 3rd gear (not 4th OD), then you let off the pedal since you're surging up to 2800 rpm, and it goes back to 4th gear from mid-way to 3rd ...
        Just my two cents, and I have a 5-speed ... lol ...
        -Rob
        <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X