3.23s upgraded to 3.42s, will I be disappointed? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.23s upgraded to 3.42s, will I be disappointed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.23s upgraded to 3.42s, will I be disappointed?

I appreciate the responses that I did get, but I got an overall lack of enthusiasm to post much regarding my gear change, so I just have a simple question -

Will there be a noteiceable increase in acceleration if I swap the 3.23s out of my M5 equipped 3.8 to 3.42?

I couldn't ever come to a great conclusion on which gear set to get (3.42 or 3.73) so Iam just playing it safe and probably getting 3.42s. I found a used set of 3.42s out of an S10 that a guy is willing to sell for $100 (8k miles on the ring gear and pinion).

Thanks

Cale
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

I went from 3:08's to 3:42's and picked up .4 in the quarter mile. You will probably get about half that. Only you can decide whether that is worth the money.

Rik

Comment

.2 off in the quarter. That sounds worth $100. I have also wanted to do the same swap. Let me know how it works out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X