Tranny question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny question...

Hi guys--I'm new here.. Glad to finally find a board that isn't strictly v8 talk--cool!! Anyway, I have a question. A couple of nights ago I was driving down a stretch of highway when I see a large rock in the road--roughly the size of a human head. I tried to swerve, but it was too late.. CLUNK!! Ouch.. Anyway, turns out that my tranny pan has a sizable dent in it, and a bolted-on crossmember appears to be fubared.. Furthermore, my tranny seems to hesitate a bit when it shifts now.. Would a dent in the pan cause this kind of behavior?? Also, is it an expensive part that would be difficult to replace?? I lease this car, so I kinda need to get this thing fixed.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. FYI--my car is a 2000 Camaro 3.8 v6, A4. No mods other than z28 front and rear swaybars, and free ram air. Thanks in advance guys!!!
    --chris--

Your insurance and/or warranty should cover it. Go to your dealer.

Comment

If you have warranty and it covers it then take it to the dealer. If not, then get a new pan and when you take the old one off check for any damage. You said sizable dent so there is a possiblitity the pan is in contact with the valve body now. Get that done before you ruin the tranny. Maybe you broke the filter and you got all the crap floating around. I hope you're not driving the car like this.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X