Bad chevy dealership! Bad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad chevy dealership! Bad!

im in town for the weekend from college. i went out to get some estimates on an install for my gears and lsd. I took it to one of the only chevy dealerships around here open on saturday and got to talking to their service guys. the first one didnt know anything at all. then this other guy comes out and i tell him i've got a take-off lsd and a 3.42 ring and pinion and the reluctor ring. He asks me if ive got a casing also, i wasnt sure what he was talking about, then he quotes me a price of like $600!!! :eek: [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] for the install. Everyone around here says its like 250-300. the highest ive ever heard of is 400. Anyone want to clear up with me what casing he was talking about and why the hell he would have given me such a high price (besides the fact that he was just trying to screw me over)?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

The most you should pay for the install is like 250 bucks including parts and labor. Any reputable shop should be able to do it in a few hours. Check your phonebook for rearend specializing shops. I had mine installed by one of the best shops in the country (Rearend Specialties in San Jose) for $227.

Comment

Dealers are expensive and he doesn't really want the job. It will screw up your speedo, etc., and he doesn't want to deal with that.

He's not out to screw you, he just wants you to go away.
      2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X