stupid Q about tranny mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid Q about tranny mount

what are the signs of a bad tranny mount? I have a 5 speed and the shifter bounces like crazy. then sometimes when i give it gas the car jolts like it suddenly jumped back into gear or something. i hate it and it's been that way ever since i bought the car 45K miles ago
    1994 Camaro 3.4L M5 R.I.P.<br />You know what they say- a small engine means big... errr... e/t\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident\" target=\"_blank\">www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident</a><p>replaced with: red 97 A4 vert (my brothers as soon as i find my REAL replacement)<p>soon to come: 1969 RS/SS<p>\"All you need are the esentials: scented candles, massage oil, and Berry White write that down.\" -Van Wilder

this is more of a drivetraqin question but I'll let the mods take care of it.

as for your question, if the shifter bounces, it is most likely a bad or broken tranny mount, either way buy a 1Le or poly, I would suggest the 1le, since some complain about poly ones giving off alot of vibration.

I have no trouble with my 1LE, and it made the car feel much more connected to the ground. Even if your stock one is good or bad its a worthwhile mod for $30 shipped. Form www.gmpartsdirect.com

i would get it there instead of SLP, SLP has many problems with gettign your part to you within this century, with gmpartsdirect I got mine 2 days later.

Comment

yup you're right... definitely should be in drivetrain... feel free moderators

[img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]

... and keep the info coming that is good feedback thanks!
      1994 Camaro 3.4L M5 R.I.P.<br />You know what they say- a small engine means big... errr... e/t\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident\" target=\"_blank\">www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident</a><p>replaced with: red 97 A4 vert (my brothers as soon as i find my REAL replacement)<p>soon to come: 1969 RS/SS<p>\"All you need are the esentials: scented candles, massage oil, and Berry White write that down.\" -Van Wilder

Comment

Search much at all buddy?

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...&f=23&t=001257

Comment

i posted this in general tech w/o thinking about the drivetrain forum so it just got moved over here. my bad but you don't have to be an a$$ about it :rolleyes:

feel free to lock it down admin's

[ September 29, 2002: Message edited by: C.Palmer ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by C.Palmer:
            i posted this in general tech w/o thinking about the drivetrain forum so it just got moved over here. my bad but you don't have to be an a$$ about it :rolleyes:

feel free to lock it down admin's

[ September 29, 2002: Message edited by: C.Palmer ]
            <hr></blockquote>

don't worry some peopel are jsut to lazy to type stuff out nowadays, but they spend the energy to say somehting to you about it.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MustangEater8251:

don't worry some peopel are jsut to lazy to type stuff out nowadays, but they spend the energy to say somehting to you about it.
              <hr></blockquote>

exactly...I just didn't feel like typing it all out. :D

I'm not lookin for trouble palmer buddy...get used to my sarcasm, I use it a lot. No harm meant by it tho [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

ahhhh it's been kind of a crappy week. i'm a sarastic pr!ck too :D

Comment

hehe, that was my post that you sent the link to :D i feel so important now [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                  1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wolfy:
                    hehe, that was my post that you sent the link to :D i feel so important now [img]tongue.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

lol...yea but look at the write up I had in it. There was no fuggin way I'd retype that. FUGHEDABOUTIT. :D

[ October 01, 2002: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X