woohoo just ordered a new TOY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woohoo just ordered a new TOY

Well i ordered my aluminum driveshaft sunday night and it should be here with in day's i hope.. not like my header's that won't be shipped out till the 30th of this month. Just wondering, is installing a driveshaft rather easy and can one person do it, or do i need a secondary person to help me or what. How long should it take to do this also or what? All info will be nice thanks. Now if my header's would get here sooner ill be a happier man and hopefully be a tad bit faster... hehehe :cool:
    Old 2003 gt, Pullies, k&n air filter, tb and spacer, off road xpipe, catback exhaust accufab plenum, volant cai. quadrant clutch, cable, firewall adjuster, predator programmer and 180 thermo with 255/40/17 nittos on the back

.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

Comment

i changed the d.s in my friends car, he went from a 2pc steel to a 1pc, it wasnt hard at all, just time consuming, took almost an hour
      R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Sweet! I'm gonna do the same mod. Did you get yours from GM parts direct?
        Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

You should be able to do it in about an hour, its not difficult, are you mechanically inclined at all? Man the best mod to get is a chiltons book they make so many jobs quite easy. You should get about a .1 reduction in et as well with the 1 pc aluminum driveshaft. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Dirve shaft is cake....the hardest part is getting the bolts out on the u-joint, you may want to soak them with WD40 or Liquid Wrench for a bit before you go at them.
            Also, becareful when you take the clamps off the u-joint, make sure that the end caps don't fall off, they use needle bearings, so it's a major PITA to get them back in.
            Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Driveshaft is cake and it REALLY helps out. You won't beleive the difference in how your car feels. Congrats
              1997 Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Camaro RS A4<br /><br />Mods:<br />Aluminum Driveshaft, Z-style hood, headers, B&B Cat Back, fan switch, BMR Suspension, Silver Gauges w/blue interior lights, Clear Corners and Sidemarkers, Power antenna, 18\"x9\" OZ Superleggera Wheels

Comment

i broke my aluminum DS on the way to bowling green, so i had a stock 1 piece overnighted to me at the hotel. i had my jack and jack stands. took me 20 min to do the swap in the hotel parking lot with a travel tool kit with minimal tools. just remember, once the rear ujoint is out, push the ds INTO the trans then pull it out. good luck buddy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X