Just got my Z28 rear end!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my Z28 rear end!!!!

I just got my Z28 rear end!! I am going to put it in my car next week. Is there any extra parts I need before instal?
    My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

if you got the whole rear end, axle and all, there shouldn't be anything else you need for it, unless you didn't get new e-brake cables. they might need to be changed, mine did. other than that, all you'll need is a good socket set that goes up to 22mm, a heavy duty jack and stands, and if you have access to an impact wrench, it would be a big help.
    you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

Thanks for the help! I'll post on how it goes. Should be installing it on monday or tues.
      My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

Comment

OK, what do i do about the ABS?

Comment

What do you mean? Did you not by a non-TCS rear? If you bought a rear end from a TCS car, you have some issues to deal with. There is another post on here recently with the same issues. If you did buy a non-TCS rear, I believe the stock wires should work with the new rear. I could be wrong though. There may be an issue with differences in the ABS reluctor(sp?) wheel on the ring gear, I have seen that brought up as a possible problem spot before.

[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

The car i bought my rear end off of did not have TCS but it had ABS. I know that I can still connect the ABS wire to the connection, BUT the number of pins differ. Do you think there would be any conflicts?

Comment

Where did you get your rear end from?
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Generation X motorsports in peoria IL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  2 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X