My Drive Shaft Is Leaking Grease.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Drive Shaft Is Leaking Grease....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Drive Shaft Is Leaking Grease....

Anyone ever replace the boot right in front of the second half of the DS??? The part where it's kinda inside the "bell" shaped part, where the second half can go into and out of.

How much did it cost for the boot?? Install hard??
    [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

I think you'd be better off just getting a one piece DS. I'm assuming that you're talking about the joint that connects the 2 piece DS. Get a 1 piece and no the install is not hard.
    - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

yeah, I've thought about the aluminum DS, but I figure the boot was cheaper.

Is there a bracket around the center for the 1-piece like the 2-piece??
      1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

I searched, but I wasn't able to find the thread I was thinking of. Some guy's center support bearing went out, and he went to the dealer to get a new one. They told him that they didn't sell the bearing, but they sold the entire shaft as one unit. I believe they quoted him around 800 bucks. His conclusion was that he was going to get himself a nice aluminum 1 piece. I really wish I could have found that thread to backup what I am saying.

Good luck.
        <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BillyCobin:
          I searched, but I wasn't able to find the thread I was thinking of. Some guy's center support bearing went out, and he went to the dealer to get a new one. They told him that they didn't sell the bearing, but they sold the entire shaft as one unit. I believe they quoted him around 800 bucks. His conclusion was that he was going to get himself a nice aluminum 1 piece. I really wish I could have found that thread to backup what I am saying.

Good luck.
          <hr></blockquote>

Oh, it's cool. I'll just see about that rubber piece and if anything gets in the way, I'll just get an aluminum 1-piece DS.

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X