to everyone with 373s gears in there 3.4 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to everyone with 373s gears in there 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to everyone with 373s gears in there 3.4

i want to order a set of these gears how do you guys like them,will i loose a lot of top end and i wouldn't put the gears in without LSD right,the plase that sells the gears will they have LSD for the 3.4
    eddy maclean

If the car is an auto then you should have 3.08'S. A friend of mine (Blue_98_camaro) did the 3.08 to a 3.42 and he says from the electronics in the car he cant break 100, because the computer is still working with 3.08 settings wich forces the limiter to kick in early. It would be a good investment, if you do your computer and shift points. It ends up being more expensive to have it callibrated right that the actual parts. So while it would be nice, you just gotta get it set right, and thats a b!%@#.
    94 3.4 Camaro<br />white w/black stripes<br />rk sport groung effects<br />Dynaflow super turbo muffler<br />dual 3\" tips<br />light weight clutch and flywheel<br />slp intake sensor<br />K&N filter<br />intakes in the mail!

Comment

Most places that sell gears will have a LSD. The gears and LSD/posi do not matter on engine type but rear end type. You will lose top end. The LSD helps you put the power to the ground by giving power to both wheels instead of just one.
      1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

you will lose top end speed but will get there much faster. of course if you remove the speed limiter this will not really apply because your top end will be around 150 in the 3.4L maybe more maybe less. the problem is getting the speed limiter removed as I know of no one who programs the PCM for these cars anymore. Fastchip used to but I hear they don't do it any longer. I had 3.73's in the 3.4L Camaro I just sold and hit like 152 on just engine but it has the PCM reprogrammed by Fastchip.
        Sebring Silver 2000 Camaro SS <br />Currently working on a 409ci ironblock LS1 setup.

Comment

v6blur did you notis a big differince in torque
          eddy maclean

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by V6Blur:
            ...of course if you remove the speed limiter this will not really apply because your top end will be around 150 in the 3.4L maybe more maybe less. the problem is getting the speed limiter removed as I know of no one who programs the PCM for these cars anymore. Fastchip used to but I hear they don't do it any longer...<hr></blockquote>

right. ed wright (sp) said he doesnt wanna deal with the 3.4L anymore. HOWEVER. for around 350, superchips will give you a full custom program which includes removing the speed limiter. go to their site (dont remember the addy) and check it out.

as for the gear change. SLP sells a kit that splices between the speedo and your VSS. you flip a few switches, and it reads different gears [img]smile.gif[/img]

thats rite, easy to fix gear changes. works on any f-body.

hope this helps

-R

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
            Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
            West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

For those in the market...
              Drivetrain GP
              - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

When did superchips say they will do our pcm? Last time i called they wouldnt waste their time :(
                Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Russell:
                  as for the gear change. SLP sells a kit that splices between the speedo and your VSS. you flip a few switches, and it reads different gears [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Oh awesome!!! I didn't even know they made this. For everyone else looking for this part here's a direct link.

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...RTNUMBER=63007

Comment

I have v6 blurs old car and I LOVE it :D
                    Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X