new clutch causing issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new clutch causing issues?

Alright guys, I'll try to be as descriptive as I can and appreciate any insite into this.

Approximately a month ago, the clutch went bad. tons of smoke and a pool of fluid. Towed it to a tranny shop, and they replaced the clutch, master and slave. Clutch was going (I could tell), however I was hoping it would last until summer.

Car is running again now, however with a couple of small issues that were not present before the work.

First, when the car is cold, and the clutch pedal is released in gear, it feels like something is putting a drag on the car or something. Only lasts for a second or two and its very hard to describe. Its feels like a vibration both in the clutch pedal and throttle pedal. Once the car warms up, I do not notice this. Is this typical with a new clutch?

Second, the gears don't seem to shift 'smooth'. There is definately a 'notch' feel between 1st and 2nd. the only gears that feel correct are the shift from 3rd to 4th, but even these aren't truly smooth.

Third, it seems that I have an exhaust leak now. I'm guessing its the Y pipe, but even the clamp on the front side of the cat was missing when I got it back. Haven't gotten up under the car yet to check since its been too cold to worry about.

the third item is easily fixed, however I have included to show the type of work they 'may' have done. Also missing a bolt for the crossmember, however I can't confirm that was there prior to the work.

Any ideas? Did I get shafted on this repair?
    1995 3.4L M5 126k. Not stock, but still not fast.
    2000 Camaro SS M6 85k.

you might want to bleed the system again

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X