Traction control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction control

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum...Nice to finally have found a V6 F-body forum! Can't tell you how long I've searched for somethin' like this. Anyhow, I'll get to the point. I have a 2000 Camaro, with automatic transmission...And I can't do a burnout, can't squeal the tires. It's gotta be the traction control, cause when I pop it into neutral, rev, and pop it back into drive, it'll pause, won't go anywhere...And just slip back into drive and not even chirp em. Question is...How do I turn that blasted traction control off? There's not a switch, like on the 8's. Thanks.
    Chris<br />2000 Arctic White Camaro<br />Xenon Body kit. Ram Air II hood.<br />80 series Flowmaster. Ram air induction. K&N filter, 3.42 gears with LSD. <br />\"That which is behind me does not matter.\"

I have an ASR button above the radio, next to my fog lights button. Do you have one of these?
    2001 Camaro Y87 A4<br />Arctic White<br /><a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/camarobabe\" target=\"_blank\">my car</a>

Comment

Nope I have an SGS switch next to my foglights. (Second gear start.)
      Chris<br />2000 Arctic White Camaro<br />Xenon Body kit. Ram Air II hood.<br />80 series Flowmaster. Ram air induction. K&N filter, 3.42 gears with LSD. <br />\"That which is behind me does not matter.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Camarobabe:
        I have an ASR button above the radio, next to my fog lights button. Do you have one of these?<hr></blockquote>

me too

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ArchOverseer:
        Nope I have an SGS switch next to my foglights. (Second gear start.)<hr></blockquote>

never heard of that but I'm an auto
        millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

if you have the SGS button then you do not have traction control. You have either ASR (acceleration slip reduction - e.g. traction control) or SGS (second gear start). You probably have 3.08s as your rear gear and that's why you can't do a burnout. Please do your tranny a favor and don't neutral drop it like that...it's never a good thing

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ArchOverseer:
            It's gotta be the traction control, cause when I pop it into neutral, rev, and pop it back into drive, it'll pause, won't go anywhere...And just slip back into drive and not even chirp em.<hr></blockquote>

Good thing you did find this site, so we can tell you how HORRIBLE that is for your transmission. Please do all of us, and yourself, a favor, and NEVER EVER do that again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

since you have a 2000 with an electronic throttle i suspect the computer is trying to be helpful and not letting you do a 'neutral drop' since it is (as mentioned before) very very bad. try a brake stand instead. put the brakes on with your LEFT foot. put the trans in drive. give it gas to about 2500 rpm and then release the brakes and mash the accelerator. that should accomplish your goal.

Comment

Agree with Chas,
                Stand on the brake and wrap the tach to around 2500 (tires may break loose before you get to 2500) let off the break and floor it. Open rear, LSD, 3.08, 3.42's it should not matter about any of these it SHOULD spin one or both tires hard. If it just spins one it is an open diff, if both spin you have LSD. But, regardless of this something should go up in smoke...!!!
                If you try this and it DOES not spin the tires you have other issues.

;) ;) ;)
                just adding \'um \'till I trap 12.393...

Comment

If you're not sure what options you have, check the label on the door.
                  2002 CAMARO \"RS\"<br /> 3800/M5/Y87

Comment

unless you have track tires, DO NOT GO TO 2,500rpms like others said...you'll just roast the tires and make a nice show of smoke. If you really want to just take off and go real quick like a sling shot launch at the following (may be slightly different since all cars are different)

1,800rpms (track - stock tires - stock psi)
                    1,500rpms (street - stock tires - stock psi)

Trust me I know how to launch. At a crappy track I can pull constant 2.12x 60' and I've outlaunched plenty of 14sec cars on the street (only to have them pass me by 50 [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
                      unless you have track tires, DO NOT GO TO 2,500rpms like others said...you'll just roast the tires and make a nice show of smoke.

[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]
                      <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] Thats all he wants though. He was askin how to do a burnout ;)
                      millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

go to rksport.com they sell a manual traction control switch there. im supprised u guys didn't think of that yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X