How does that thing work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does that thing work...

if your car is up on a lift and you spin one wheel one way, which way is the other supposed to spin?

Mine seemed to spin in opposite directions, yet I have the Y87 package with G80 and I can leave two tire marks.

weird
    2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

i have the y87 and mine does the same thing too

Comment

all axles do that. Tis normal.
        <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

I think the LSDs with clutches and stuff make both tires spin then same way..
          But with the Zexel Torsen they spin opposite... Dont worry you still have Limited Slip...
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bliggida:
            all axles do that. Tis normal.<hr></blockquote>
            My open differential does it. Anything short of a locked spool will turn one tire in the opposite direction under extremely light loads - hand turning.
            <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bliggida:

My open differential does it. Anything short of a locked spool will turn one tire in the opposite direction under extremely light loads - hand turning.
              <hr></blockquote>

hey hey now are you trying to say I'm not strong enough! I put a ton of torque into that one wheel [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds perfectly normal to me.

I would not worry about it, espec. if you know as a fact you have an LSD.
                16 years old with no car and big dreams...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X