PLEASE HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP!!!!

I just got my clutch swapped and a new master and slave cylinder a few weeks ago... while driving on the interstate in fith gear the rpm's shoot up and the car does nothing but slow down, so i shift out of fith and try my other gears... OMG the only gear i have is 4th. so i drive to the next exit and get the car to my dads trying not to burn up my new clutch. The tranny place said that it can't be anything they did when replacing the clutch and stuff... but what would cause this to happen in the snap of a finger...? Im lost, please help me out.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

So the rpm's dont shoot up in 4th only? It seems pretty unlikely that you would some how randomly loose all your gears except 4th with no grinding or exploding. It sounds like they don't know how to install a clutch and it is slipping. If you take it to a shop to get it looked at don't take it to that place again.

Comment

well the fourth gear acts normal but it seems like the other gears just dont kick in. after callin the place they said that they didnt do it so i found a shop locally and explained it to them... they said they would check it out and then send them a bill lol stupid asses
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

sorry to post again but if this happens to anyone then you would like to know what is wrong... my gear actually melted and caused the fork to melt and loose every gear but forth. The reason... no trans fluid, the idiots who changed my clutch and stuff never filled it back up... i have no leaks and it was fine before... i can't believe that.

Comment

wow! Sorry to hear about that. The original shop is paying to replace everything right?

Comment

i am callin them today, if they give me any trouble then i'll see em in court, the guy who fixed it this time said he would right a statement on why he thinks they are to blame, and then instead of 550 bux they will also pay for gas i had to pay a friend to get home and also money i lost having to call in from work. thanks for the comments guys, by the way... man i was missin alot, i thought i loved the bird then but now, its a beast of a v6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X