97 V8 rear, 3:23 gears, disc brakes, any issue's with install??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97 V8 rear, 3:23 gears, disc brakes, any issue's with install???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 V8 rear, 3:23 gears, disc brakes, any issue's with install???

Anyone?
    I know the e brake cable assembly is different.
    Any issue's with traction control?
    I would guess this rear has something to do with it, my v6 obviously does not.

I'll be ordering my rear monday
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

If your car does not have traction control then I don't think it would be a problem, now if you did and the rear end did might pose a problem.

As for e-brake cables... there is a signal cable from the handle to the jsut in fornt of the gas tank then it goes to two seperate cables... Just get lt1 rear cables, and hook them up. Sould work fine. Or oyu can be ghetto and rig yours like I did so when you yank the cable it engages the brakes, but does not disengage, you have to climb under the car and knock the litlte levers to disengage the e-brake [img]smile.gif[/img]

when you put it on and your rear brakes don't work, bleed your brakes agian, then when they still do not work, bleed your brakes again, and when they still don't work, bleed them again, then they should work [img]smile.gif[/img] at least I and 2 others have had that problem [img]smile.gif[/img]

considered a TA girdle if you don't already have one?

Comment

btw mine is a 97 rear end.

Comment

TCS will be an issue if the new rear has it and your car does not. A TCS rear does not have an ABS ring, instead, it has sensors at the wheels. A non TCS rear has a little sensor at the top, right above the ABS ring (this is the reason for the ABS ring).
        -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

then maybe I was wrong...

well jstu change the reluctor rign, can you jsut swap your stocker?

Comment

You should be able to take the differential out of that one and put it in yours. You'll have to take your ABS ring off your current diff and put it on the new diff, or buy a new ring to go on (GM p/n 26029185). Either way, I don't think the whole axle will work if it's off a TCS car.
            -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Skinny:
              You should be able to take the differential out of that one and put it in yours. You'll have to take your ABS ring off your current diff and put it on the new diff, or buy a new ring to go on (GM p/n 26029185). Either way, I don't think the whole axle will work if it's off a TCS car.<hr></blockquote>
              Just curious do you knwo if all ws6s were equiped with traction control?

Mine is off a 97 WS6, and I did nothing, and everything works fine, ABS, and low trac light.

Comment

[ March 28, 2003: Message edited by: lord_gufi ]</p>
                91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info.
                  I'll be ordering it monday :D
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

MustangEater: No, not all WS6's were equipped with TCS.

James: where are you ordering it from? How much is the shipping gonna be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X