'96 3800 5Spd Reinstallation Problem - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'96 3800 5Spd Reinstallation Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '96 3800 5Spd Reinstallation Problem

Engine is back into the cradle, wiring in place and new clutch/flywheel/slave installed - can not get trans to bolt up, we're off from block by about 1/2 all the way around the bellhousing. Wasn't there something mentioned somewhere (I did a search - but nothing) on the 3800/5Spds about hooking up the clutch lines and despressing the clutch which was supposed to help? - I'm not sure. This is starting to get extremely frustrating. If anyone has any suggestions - I'd sure appreciate the help. Want to put engine/trans back up as one unit. Any help appreciated -
    SpookF4E
    Spook

make sure the tranny is in neutral. Sounds like you have the tip of the input shaft in the pilot bearing. But maybe the input shaft is not lined up on the clutch?

If not it coudl just be the pilot bearing is a tight fit on the pilot bushing. Int that case, just force the **** out of it [img]smile.gif[/img]
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to offer the suggestion. The input shaft was lined up with the clutch disc. The throwout bearing against the diaphram was keep the trans from going in that final 1/2 inch. Through the window in the clutch housing we collapsed the throwout bearing enough to relieve the pressure and it slid into place. Not the easiest manual trans I have ever installed. They can have hydraulic clutches... I'll take a manual linkage clutch any time.

SpookF4E
      Spook

Comment

agreed I'll take a manual linkage too... another reason why I have been eyeballing mustangs.
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X