Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Axle Issues

Hey everyone,

I have a stock 3.23 open rear end on a 2000 Camaro with 37000 miles on it.

The yoke connection and right axle into the actual rear end gear (hub) leaks on and off.

The car is on its way back to the dealer for the third time within the past year.

The yoke has been replaced and new seals each time the car goes in.

Any ideas on what the dealership may be missing so that I can point them in the right direction.

The dealerships excuse is dirt is eating away at the rear end seals.

Thanks and I am getting ready to use the lemon law.

dave

Tell the dealer, and yourself, to get used to it. [img]smile.gif[/img] It's common for the front pinion seal to leak, and leak again shortly thereafter. Take a look at the front pinion seal of ANY 4th gen, and you're almost sure to find differential fluid leaking.
    Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RamAir95TA:
      Tell the dealer, and yourself, to get used to it. [img]smile.gif[/img] It's common for the front pinion seal to leak, and leak again shortly thereafter. Take a look at the front pinion seal of ANY 4th gen, and you're almost sure to find differential fluid leaking.<hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Right on bro!
      Mine has been leaking since I got the car from the dealer showroom. Even the replacement disk rear in July 2002 has a pinion leak :mad: .

-Marc
      sigpic

Comment

I hade the same problem with mine even after taking it in to be repaired. I used to also change oil part time and every fbody i worked under had the same problem. Get used to it...
        98 Camaro<br />K&N,Free Air Mod,M5,Monsoon,stock Z28 catback exhaust

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X