4L60-E to C5 Transaxle swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4L60-E to C5 Transaxle swap

Could this work? assuming the engine was balanced correctly, what else would have to be done to make this work. I think this could be a good mod for those who are hardcore drag racers and auto x to relocate a lot of weight to the rear and help balance the cars out.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Do you think there is room right in front of the rear axle for the Corvette's transaxle? I think a bigarsed sledghammer would be necessary to pound out enough space to put it in.
    Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

i think there might be, since the rear diff is included in the transaxle itself. it should take up the same area as our 10 bolt, and probly will extend forward a bit, but honestly, i dunno how far.

Comment

I still think you'd have to do some cutting and torching.

The Corvette's suspension is different to handle extra rear weight, and soak up the shock load.

A C-5 Trans-axle would be beneficial for weight distribution, but you would need to be a professional mechanic in order to succesfully modify a Camaro to accept it.
        <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

I knwo cutting and torching would have 2 be done, as well as setting up the rear suspension. i was just throwin the idea out there 2 get a discussion goin 2 think about and throw more ideas around.

Comment

It would be more work than you can imagine. Not worth it. ;)
            Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X