Question about setting shift points on auto: - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about setting shift points on auto:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about setting shift points on auto:

Has anyone with an automatic transmission reset the shift points with the HPPIII? I was just wondering what you set it to because I might want to mess with it later. I set the mph up 1 on the 1-2, 2 on the 2-3 shift, 2 on the 3-4 shift. Can't remember what RPM, don't think I changed it. Will these settings actually do anything, or was it just pointless only changing it by 1 or 2 mph? I set the rev limiter to 5900, shift firmness to 100% [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img] I like that. Of course I reprogrammed for the gear change as well.
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Check your HPPIII manual - it tells you how much each mph will translate into RPM. Best way is just like the manual says. Increase only the 1-2 shift and make a few drag passes and keep increasing until your ET slows down and then go back to best setting and then move to the 2-3 shift

Good Luck

Ron
    I know - Camaro 67-02.. 2000 Camaro V6/A4 Black T-Tops<br />1969 Camaro 350/PG 12.69 @ 102.5 1966 Chevy II Wagon 283/PG Destined for NHRA stock eliminator.

Comment

too damn complicated for me. when i tried playing with it myself, i got a 17 sec pass. now things are a litlle better, i got it down to 16.5
      6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X