Best Alluminum Driveshaft??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Alluminum Driveshaft??

anyone have recommendations as to which driveshaft to go with? (I still have the 2 piece in there and I'm looking to change it). Thanks!
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

I just put in a 1Le and I like it alot.
    1997 30th Anniversary A4 w/ some mods

Comment

Get the 2 piece one!! :D Just kidding.. I got mine from speedautomitve.com Talk to Scott and he can help you.. I have a 2001 SS driveshaft and they sold it to me for $135.00 .. I didnt notice much but it only weighs like 10 pounds and I ran the 1/4 at 15.2 @ 91.65mph with a 2.465 60' time.. It should've be a 14.8-14.9 but I was spinning through 1st and 2nd.. Thats going to end this week with the instalation of LCA's, Nittos, and my 3.42 LSD.. But when I ran that at Atco All I had was headers 3inch flowmaster and whisper lid with Aluminum DS.. not bad..
      Jeff ..
      1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
      2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
      1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
      http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

I didnt see your sig until after I posted but how much tq are you putting to the ground?? If its close to 400ft/lbs, which it probably is, I would get a driveshaft safty loop too just in case.. I dont know how strong the Aluminum D/S are but its better to be safe then sorry!!
        Jeff ..
        1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
        2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
        1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
        http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Thanks for the help guys [img]smile.gif[/img] Yes, Jeff I have a two piece and there is a lot of torque going through it. I'm ordering the loop whether I get the alluminum shaft or not. Was looking into the Metco loop. It's a bit pricey but I like the idea that it's powerdercoated and looks good.
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I'd rather not say this but...the BMR driveshaft loop will induce unnecessary loss of ground clearance. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Any driveshaft from 82-present will fit. Stock LT1 shafts sell for less than $40, and weigh 17 pounds.

2-piece shafts weigh 27 pounds.

1LE shafts and LS1 shafts are comparable in weight, between 10 and 12 pounds.

You'll want a shaft with a higher critical speed than stock to keep driveshaft harmonic whip at a minimum, to prevent tailshaft seal and pinion seal and bearing wear. A thicker driveshaft is also stronger (such as the LPE 3.5" shaft) and less susceptible to whipping and deflection.
            Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X