Clutch install is complete. Review Inside. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clutch install is complete. Review Inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch install is complete. Review Inside.

Got it done yesterday. I was quite a project.
    For those who don't know, I put in a CenterForce Dual Friction Clutch.
    Review:
    I love it!
    The pedal is really easy to push. It only takes about a half inch of push to disengage the clutch, and it grips hard! It is still very easy to drive though because it is so easy to push.
    When I am done with the break in, I will try it out on nitrous. Should be awesome!
    [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

How much $$ did the Centerforce run you?

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

$340 with the throwout bearing, but I am sending it back, because its EXACTLY the same as the $20 dollar one at auto zone. So about $280. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Please list the part number for the autozone throwout bearing!
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Alright, I will dig it up. See I broke the slave cylinder, so I had to buy a new one for $80, and it came with a new throwout bearing on it. But you can buy it seperately for I think it was $18.
          I will look for it.
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Here is the autozone part number.
            Its $17.99
            [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
            1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Screw the clutch ... how hard was the install? Tips?
              -Rob
              <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

The install sucked.

First get the car up on jackstands... AS HIGH AS YOU CAN. Trust me.

Get inside the car and remove the center console, remove the black rubber boot around the shifter, and then remove the plate that holds the shifter in. Pull the shifter out (careful not to get ATF on your interior.

Then support the rear axle with a jack, and drop romve the torque arm, loosen the rubber mount, unbolt the driveshaft from it, then remove it from the diff. Also remove the crossmember back there too.

Next remove the bolts from the main caps from the rear u-joint on the driveshaft, careful not to pop the caps off the u joint and spill the bearings. The driveshaft slide out to the rear, and fluid will leak out. Plug the hole in the tranny with anything you can.

Now support the tranny with a jack, remove the crossmember for the tranny. Unhook all sensors and wires, and the hydraulic clutch line. Its a pain to remove this thing, but its doable.

Now remove the little cover that covers the bottom of the bellhousing and the starter. Then remove the bellhousing to motor bolts. There are like 6 of them, the top ones SUCK! You need some swivels and a BIG breaker bar, oh and a lot of extensions. Once you get all those out, you are ready to drop the tranny.

Wiggle the crap out of the tranny, while it is on the jack until it breaks away from the motor. Make sure the input shaft clears the pressure plate and then drop the tranny slowly.

Unbolt the pressure plate and remove it. Then unbolt the flywheel and there you have it.

Good look to anyone trying, as this is NOT easy, but it is doable. Plan on 2 days if its your first time. Can be done in 1 day if you have done it before.

Make sure and resurface the flywheel while its out, and get a new Throwout bearing.
                [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X