What did I blow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I blow?

yea... welll.. I was reversing a little harder than usual... Pressed the gas.. caught on for a sec, then tick tick tick... put it into first, second and all other gears... Car won't move, same noice. Did I blow my rear end or what? What costs am I looking at to fix, and do you guys have any suggestions? Thanx plenty!
    1996 Camaro<br />Nothing special really done yet!

NEVER do a reverse burnout. The contact on the backside of the gears and the pinion placement low on the ring gear face is not meant for that kind of abuse. My money is on broken or chipped ring gear teeth.

Once again, be EASY while in reverse.
    Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

Yea.. reverse burnouts are bad... I have seen friends crack their axels doing reverse donuts, I've even seen the whole rearend basically drop.. Too bad any knowledge I have fades in the company of stupid friends trying to see something "cool". Now I guess I have to suffer for my own stupidity. That's life, as long as I don't make the same pathetic mistake again, and judging on how this is going to empty out my pocket, I'm fairly sure no reverse burnouts ever again! My friend took the car to his garage and he said it's prob. a broken shaft.. I'm thinking of swapping the whole rearend from a z28 while I'm at it. What do you guys think?
      1996 Camaro<br />Nothing special really done yet!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X