Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with rearend swap!

Hey!

I'm currently doing a rear end swap from a 97 Z28 into my 97 v6 camaro. EVERYTHING went great, until now. I can't stick my wheels back on! The axleshaft end seems to be jsut a tad too big! :( Should I shave off the ring on the inside of the rim to make it fit? Its happening to both of my rear tires! :( After I stick them on I will be done! argh!

Thanks guys!
    RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Don't force them on. You have to grind the inner part of the wheels... do it evenly and slowly.

If you put on the wheel like it is and tighten the lugs down it will be near impossible to taket hem off.
    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

It should fit. Is there a noticeable difference between the axles? Both 97's, right? I'm stumped.

Let me know when you need the PCM reflashed to correct the speedo and shift points for the 3.42's [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
      Whisper Lid/K&N Intake, NOS 5175 Kit w/ Polished Bottle, Moser 3.42\'s w/ Auburn LSD, SLP Ram Air H.O. Hood, Pacesetter Ceramic Coat Headers-3\" in/out hi-flo cat, 3\" I-pipe, Edelbrock Muffler, Boyd Coddington Smoothie Two\'s

Comment

Hey Raxxus, could you check out my post and offer some advice on the Z28 swap?

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=2&t=001916

id really appreciate the help. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        1979 Z28 Camaro, 1 of 10,000 Factory 4 speeds. <br />1994 Camaro Sport Coupe, M5<br />Best ET: 15.31@91.5 (25 hp NOS)

Comment

Magnus- what should I grind them down with?

IronMan- I emailed you, you da man!

camaro28- aol me at Zaknafein6 doggggggg!
          RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

I installed rear rotors fit for a 98+, but my car was a 96, and they didn't fit. Like you said raxxus, they were a tad too small to fit in place. I have a Dremel Moto Tool and metal grinder bit, and grinded the inside of the rotor all the way around, and they fit fine after that.
            **Just use caution, you don't need to grind that much off. I had the Dremel running for no more than 30 seconds, and the rotors fit perfect. Same should apply to rims.

-Marc
            sigpic

Comment

In '97, the center axle hub diameter was increased for some odd reason, so you will need to remove about 1/16" of material on the inside of the wheel for them to fit. Don't worry about balancing, because the material removed is so close to the axle centerline.

What year are your wheels? Stock? If they are from an earlier model, they won't fit properly, as the wheels changed in '97 as well.
              Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

Wierd? I have a 97 rear end and never had that problem, with Salad shooters, Donut, or even stock steel rims.

Jsut get a dremel, and girnd it down a little with a grinding bit.

Comment

My friend and I used a dremel and it fits on perfect now! Mannnnnnnnn I LOVE 3.42's and posi!! Had to test out the two wheel burnout on my street! And stalling to 2k rpm and slamming the gas and you really can feel it, the tires catch and you're off. Everyone should at least get posi or some kind of LSD if you don't already. And besides the rim mishap , it went good!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X