clutch install help... ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch install help... ASAP

I got the driveshaft and torque arm out, everything unhooked, etc. I unbolted the tranny from the bellhousing, but that f*cker wont come out. It seems the clutch fluid line (where it was hooked up) is in the way. Do I have to leave the tranny on the bellhousing, and pull it all off, or can I get the tranny off of the bellhousing somehow??
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

I remember someone having a similar problem a while back on a 96. you are going to have to get a pry bar inbetween the bell housing and engine and slowly work it out.. from what I remember there are pins that line everything up as you mate the tranny to the engine.. well these are what are giving you problems..

you may want to grab the rear of the tranny and try working it side to side first.. this may help loosen it up a bit..

[ March 18, 2003: Message edited by: black98V6 ]</p>
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

I pulled my automatic last weekend. I was able to pull it with the cooler lines still attached, so I would guess that you could with the clutch line still on there.

Once I got all the bellhousing bolts out, I put a jack under the tranny so that it just barly supported it. Then I used a large screw driver to pry it away from the engine. It does take a bit of work to seperate the two.
      <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

I don't think anybody understands. Basically, my chiltons or haynes manual is a peice of $hit. It says, to take the tranny off of the bellhousing and then remove it. Then take the bellhousing off to get to the clutch. Well, I tried and the hydraulic lines were in the way, and I ended up breaking one. So I bolted the tranny up to the bellhousing, and then just took the whole tranny and bellhousing off at once.
        Another question, how in the hell do you get the old t/o bearing off of the slave cylinder? I ended up having to get a new slave cylinder also, but I would still like to know..
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Yea, mine didn't wanna come off either...Pry it off. And if you replace your pilot bearing, sometimes they are a bit too large on the inside diameter, and you might have to make it a little bigger with a dremel or something, very little is all mine took. Actually, hardest part was getting the old pilot out. Once it was repl;aced by the new one, the input shaft really didn't wanna go back in, took alot of patience to get it all lined back up, and alot of weight behind the rtanny to push it into place.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X