New GEARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GEARS

I am puting an LS1 in my car and wanted to know what all i needed for the rear end. I am thinking of going with 3.73 or 4.10 but dont know what all i need for install. :(
    94 Firebird 3.4L V6<br />-Limo tint on all windows<br />-2 10in kicker comps<br />-H4 conversion kit with super plasma bulbs(PIAA)<br />-NGK PLUGS-Tb-bypass<br />-Viper 550ESP Alarm<br />-Borla Cat-Back exhaust<p>-----------------<br />In the Next month:<br />-LS1 SWAP !!!!!!!!!

Oh i forgot, its going to be a M6
    94 Firebird 3.4L V6<br />-Limo tint on all windows<br />-2 10in kicker comps<br />-H4 conversion kit with super plasma bulbs(PIAA)<br />-NGK PLUGS-Tb-bypass<br />-Viper 550ESP Alarm<br />-Borla Cat-Back exhaust<p>-----------------<br />In the Next month:<br />-LS1 SWAP !!!!!!!!!

Comment

well all 6-speed LS1 f-bods come with 3.42's...
      base auto's come with 2.73's..
      there was an option for 3.23's in the auto..
      hope that helps some..
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

Yes i know that, i was just wondering all the stuff that i have to buy to convert my 3.4 rear to a 3.73 or 4.10 for my LS1???

Comment

Well, it was the same rear end, so really you could get away with JUST the 3.73 or whatever ratio ring and pinion. Most will recomend the install kit that has new bearings and seals and such too.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

will that give me posi or do i have to get a LSD too. how much am i looking to spend?

Comment

So you've already done the front end conversion so you can fit that LS1? If I'm not mistaken that's why they changed the front end, to fit the new engine in.
              -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

You can get the z28 take off rear lsd from slpoline.com for $100.
                1994 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L A4 (160hp 200tq)<br />2006 Nissan 350Z 3.5L M6 (300hp 260tq)

Comment

I'll be selling my Strange Engineering 3.73 gears (for a series 2 carrier) pretty soon. I'm getting 4.10 gears when I order my converter!
                  <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Camarorulz:
                    So you've already done the front end conversion so you can fit that LS1? If I'm not mistaken that's why they changed the front end, to fit the new engine in.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah I didnt think that the LS1s would fit in the older body styles.
                    <b>Black 1996 3.8L Firebird A4</b><br />--------------------------<br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 160 Deg Thermo, BMR ShockTower Brace<br />JVC mp3 HU, two 12\" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Infinity 6.5\" components, JBL 600.1 & 80.4 amps <br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/479229363CPbPiz\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

Comment

The LS1 will fit into the 93 and up Fbody check it out http://www.hpsalvage.com/ and go to swap tips it tells you what you need to put an LS1 into a 93-02 fbody! :D

Comment

I wrote Mark from HP Salvage and asked him if the LS1 would fit and he replyed :

The basic structure of the f-body from 93-02 is the same and any engine that
                        was available during those years will bolt in [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X