all those with aftermarket or 1LE tranny mounts see within.. good info - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

all those with aftermarket or 1LE tranny mounts see within.. good info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all those with aftermarket or 1LE tranny mounts see within.. good info

over a year ago I decided to go from my crappy stock transmission mount to a poly mount which lowered my transmission 1/2 inch and added alot of vibration which I really didn't like so I decided to get a 1LE from SLP.. the vibration was better.. vibration at idle was acceptable but there was still vibration on acceleration that just didn't seem right..

also during this I wound up getting a hurst billet plus shifter because due to lowering the tranny my stock shifter with it's long throws was hitting the console and wouldn't stay in 4th..

well I took off work today to take care of some stuff around the house and a number of errands I needed to run.. and decided to swing by a local fabricators shop and have him cut me a couple of spacers 3" x 4" x 1/4" thick.. also had em drill a 5/8" hole in the middle took two of them stacked on each other and made a 1/2" spacer..

I placed the spacer between the cross member and the mount.. and wow.. what I difference.. of course it doesn't affect my vibration at idle(which really isn't bad at all).. but what it has really sloved is the vibration I got during acceleration.. and a drone that I would get around 60mph.. the car is much smoother accelerating and just "feels right" again..

I just thought I would pass this info along.. amazing what a difference a few bucks and 30 minutes of your time can make..

forgot to add.. I still have the stock 2 piece driveshaft.. it proably wouldn't make a difference but for clarity's sake I thought it was worth mentioning..

[ March 17, 2003: Message edited by: black98V6 ]</p>
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

I am just going to get some fatty washers. Trying it tomorrow. I will post the results.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

I was hesitant to use a washer because of the extra strain it might put on the bolt on the mount.. wanted the load nice and spread out..
      let me know how the washers turn out..
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X