wheels are hopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheels are hopping

Now that i have posi...my break in time was over this weekend [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] I decided to see what she has.

I let her go at about 1300rpm's and kinda babied it.... then nailed it. It was great! no spin at all.

Next time I was at 1400rpm's and just slammed it. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] I noticed that my wheels were hopping a lil' bit. also was spinning a lil longer as well.

What should I look into to fixing this problem?

Sorry if this doesnt belong here [img]redface.gif[/img]
    94 3.4L A4 white t-tops<br />moroso cai<br />3\"hi-flow pacestter exhaust<br />b&m shift kit<br />catco cat<br />01 T/A rear w/ 3.73\'s and posi<br />1 pc aluminum ds<br />blacked out signals

I guess it belongs in suspension, but you didn't know that until now. What you need to get are Lower Control Arms (Trailing Arms). Companies like BMR and Hotchkis make them. Do a search in the suspension forum for the pro/cons of using Lower Control Arms.
    They will help your wheel hop for sure.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

good tires and maybe try a strut tower brace?? THe only time my wheels may occasionally hop is if I go around a turn at 1/2 throttle. Full throttle it just digs in and fishtails tho [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

How does a stb help with wheel hop? I can see if i was going around a turn too fast, but this is off the line.... I may be looking into LCA's.

How come I never experianced wheel hop without posi? I thought I would be spinning less? Then again what the hell do i know
        94 3.4L A4 white t-tops<br />moroso cai<br />3\"hi-flow pacestter exhaust<br />b&m shift kit<br />catco cat<br />01 T/A rear w/ 3.73\'s and posi<br />1 pc aluminum ds<br />blacked out signals

Comment

rear swaybar, lca's, sfc's, torque arm, springs, and shocks will all help reduce wheel hop.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Arctc Wolf:
            rear swaybar, lca's, sfc's, torque arm, springs, and shocks will all help reduce wheel hop.<hr></blockquote>

right I agree that the above will definately fix/help, but I just don't see how your car is doing that period. I'm saying mine doesn't and that's about the only suspension work I have done. FYI, the STB only helped with cornering stability and eliminated body roll.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
              [QB]

right I agree that the above will definately fix/help, but I just don't see how your car is doing that period. QB]<hr></blockquote>

My car did it too. Really bad. The LCAs fixed it 100%.
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

the lower contol arms are the best bang for the buck for what your looking for. I had the same problem and I found that lower control arm relocation brackets completly eliminated my wheel hop(with the new control arms). so for lakewood lower control arms and the RK relocation brackets was less than $200. I did the install myself and had a muffler shop weld the bolt in brackets for $20.
                2001 Blue Firebird.<br />V6 M5. free ram air mod, 3\" pvc intake, Air temp module, 3\" exhaust, Dynomax 3\"straight through exhaust, O2 sim with off road pipe.<p>Kenwood kdc-mp919 head unit, kfc-628 and kfc-748 amps, Kicker I650 mids/highs, 12\" kenwood WS-303 sub<br /><a href=\"http://www.trafficjamzcaraudio.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.trafficjamzcaraudio.com</a><p>1500 years ago the world was the center of the universe. 500 years ago the world was flat. 15 minutes ago we were alone on this planet. Just think what you will know tomorrow.

Comment

STB won't do shizzle my nizzle except for cornering, and ifyou really want to see cornering get sway bars :eek: LCA and a PHR eliminated my tire hop 4ever. ;)
                  <b>Red 1999 Firebird M5</b><br />Whisper Lid,Borla Catback,K&N,Dual Friction Center Force Clutch,Hurst Shifter w/Lou\'s Short Stick,!FRA,Suncoast Ramair hood,160 Thermo,!maf,Chrome ZO6 Wheels, Painted Calipers, CIA Headers, Taylor Wires, NGK Spark Plugs, 3\" Catco, Jet Chip Stage II, BMR STB, LCA, PHR, SFC, Fan Switch, FTRA<br /><b>Old Dyno Numbers: 183 RWHP, 217 RWTRQ</b><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Redsix:
                    STB won't do shizzle my nizzle except for cornering, and ifyou really want to see cornering get sway bars :eek: LCA and a PHR eliminated my tire hop 4ever. ;) <hr></blockquote>

wanna pay for them and ship them to my door! ;)

Ok then there's your answer...I'm not gettin 'em :(

Comment

I guess LCA's are the way to go.. Thanks guys

I did my 1st real donut yesterday!!!

P.S. I love posi

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X