Zexal LSD and back in the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zexal LSD and back in the day.

I've been checkin out the scene here,,it seems like the zexal takeoff diffrential supply is getting limited.I guess I will order from slp and be put on the waiting list.I'm trying to find a "how to" on installing one in my 2002 bird,I already have 342 gears,is the install as easy as 4 bolts, pry out the old one tap in the new one, refill and go.The car is new so bearings should not be an issue.Funny thing I remember buying a new Camaro back in 95, just when GM was putting the 3800's in f bodys , It was a $350.00 option, so I ordered it. Back then they didn't have a performance package, but my car came with 342 gears and limited slip.it just came that way from the factory.Can someone point me in the right direction on any websites the cover this swap on an f body? Thanks
    02 Camaro pewter six.Completely stripped. Not one option.

The new posi comes with new bearings, its a swapo changeo.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

It's one fun install. If you have two people it will be easier. Trust me. ;) It's not all that hard, just tring to get the old one out and the new one in is the hard part. It is one very very very tight fit. Here is a website that I looked at before installing my LSD. http://www.fastblackcar.com/camaro/lsd.htm
      Just look over the drum brake part. We have 4 wheel disc brakes(thank goodnesss) so we do not have to go through all that trouble of taking off the drum brakes. OHH, one other thing. You may want to go ahead and buy you a new ABS reluctor ring. Good chances are you will break the old one tring to get it off the old differential. Or even if you do get the reluctor ring off with out breaking it, you must press fit it on the new one, so it would be better just to go ahead and buy a new one to be on the safe side. I broke mine when installing my LSD, i am currently running my car with no ABS(ABS INOP light is one and ASR OFF light is on), no bigge though. I don't suggest running your car to long with out the reluctor ring though, it just feels wierd when you press the brake a little hard and you can feel the brakes wanting to use the ABS but they won't, so if you press hard enough you can lock all for wheels up(fun fun). If you want to order a new ABS reluctor ring go to a Chevy dealer, and order one. If the person in parts has no idea what you are talking about(like the two dealers I called before I finally found someone that new what I was talking about) they may also call it the speed ring(don't ask [img]smile.gif[/img] ) If you need any other help, just let me know.

[ March 18, 2003: Message edited by: Guardiannknight ]</p>
      2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
      5 speed
      Project: Unreal
      Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
      2007 Chevy Aveo 5
      Mods K&N air filter:excited:
      www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X