Possible Hurst Install Screwup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Hurst Install Screwup?

Well, I just finished installing my Hurst shifter and Lou's short stick and I [img]graemlins/love.gif[/img] IT! It has such a nice short throw and it doesn't look bad either. The only problem is, I didn't use the bolts that Hurst included to fasten the shifter cover to the transmission. They gave me four 8 mm bolts and I forgot I had them and just fastened it back on with the factory 10mm bolts. [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] Everything fit on ok and it feels just fine, but the install instructions say in all caps DO NOT USE ORIGINAL FACTORY BOLTS. I don't think it's a big deal, but I may call the company tomorrow just to be sure. I really hate the idea of tearing everything out again just to replace these bolts, but I guess I will if I have to. Any comments? Am I worrying for nothing?
    2002 Camaro RS, SLP CAI, 80 Series Flowmaster, Whisper Lid, K & N Air Filter, Hotchkis STB, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X569, Viper Alarm System. 35% Tint all around

You should be okey. As long as you have a secure seal against the transmission mount you should be good. I have taken my console apart about 5 times now messing with my Hurst shifter. Do yourself a favor if you can and use Locktite on the bolts. I had a few problems with the bolts in front of and behind the shifter. Those two large bolts make a huge difference in shifting. like if they are screwed in all the way you can lose either the top half of your shift pattern or the bottom half. I drove home with 3 gears twice.
    Locktite has since worked miracles for me.
    Chris Reedy<br />1999 Camaro Black w/ Silver Stripes, M5. ATI Procharger w/ Intercooler<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/killingtime\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain Site</a>

Comment

I think you are talking about the stop bolts. I didn't have to adjust them too much. I just put the car into gear and adjusted them that way.

I see you are from Ann Arbor. I went to a Penn State vs. Michigan game a few years back and all I remember about the game was this guy who was wearing a t-shirt that read "Ann Arbor is a whore"
      It still cracks me up :D
      2002 Camaro RS, SLP CAI, 80 Series Flowmaster, Whisper Lid, K & N Air Filter, Hotchkis STB, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X569, Viper Alarm System. 35% Tint all around

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X