Will GM cover rear end leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will GM cover rear end leak?

When I was getting exhaust tips put on my car, midas noticed the rear end was a little moist. It's starting to leak already after only 2 years! By me lowering my car and other suspension mods, will GM give me the run-a-round on fixing my car?
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

They shouldn't, you have a bumper to bumper warranty for 36K and springs/suspension wont affect your differential powertrain warranty.

If its leaking, get it fixed.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Actually..i had this problem and they told me to go to hell the second they found out the car was lowered.i went to 2 Chevy dealers and BOTH said the same thing. Neither gave me an answer as to why all they kept saying is Its related to it being lowered. SO i fixed it myself for pretty cheap. I used NISSAN brand SILICONE go figure...worked better than anything else.
      2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

Do you mean the gasket is leaking or the pinion seal? If it's the pinion seal then you'll have to take the gears out and the pinion. Shouldn't be that hard since you won't have to set anything just take out and put it in. Did you tell them you lowered it or did they just notice? I'd be pretty pissed if I bought a car with warranty and it's not being honored.

Comment

This is being moved to General Tech.
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Silicone sealant will do it fine. That stuff is gold in a tube if you ask me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mechnics, especially dealerships, will be the first to back off fixing your car. Liability issues usually... either that or they're underqualified. Around here it's because they're underqualified (they get their kicks by changing old people's oil and charging them like $45 for it).
            <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

It looks like it's starting to leak from the gasket. Ah yea, they will know its been lowered, because the springs are blue and control arms are different.
              <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

That's easy to change then. Get a new gasket and some gear oil. Drain it first by taking out the bottom bolts. Then clean the contact areas very good. There is a fill plug on the passanger side of the housing. You'll need an extension, one of the smaller ones, to unsrew it. Keep filling till it overflows.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X