what shifter should i get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what shifter should i get?

I just did an auto to manual conversion on my car, and im lookin to get a nice shifter. I have heard the pro 5.0 was great, however, my friend has a b&m ripper on his lt1 trans am and he loves it. Im lookin for a real real short drag shifter. Im not interested in making smooth shifts, just good hard ones and being able to chirp into 4th. =D thanks in advance. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Best for the buck is the B&M Ripper ... I couldn't believe how cheesy the stock shifter was until I installed the B&M. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

Comment

What about the best period? lol, money isnt an issue for me. When i do something i do the best, probaly why i dont have much done to my car, ahahhaha. But thanks for the reply, so far im gettin the ripper, lol. oh, and i saw somewhere that the pro 5.0 has a thing that "makes shifting 2nd to 3rd a breeze" im guessing ALL shifters have this, is this correct.

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think the billet base and the angle of the stick makes the difference in the 2 - 3 shift.. I've seen reports on other shifters but the B&M was available to me locally when I wanted it and I've never been sorry.
        associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

Comment

i had both a hurst billet and now a b&M ripper. ripper is better by all means as far as i am concerned. smooth and you can really shift hard and it does not hesitate a bit. Just my opinion though.
          2002 Silver Firebird M5<br />T-Tops, Whisper Lid, Flow Master 80 series w/ 3\" stainless tips, Holly Powershot filter, B&M Ripper shifter with Leather SLP shift knob, Eurolight conversion kit for headlights. Mods soon to come<br />Raptor style ram air hood, intake kit.<p>my car <a href=\"http://www.systemsam.net/firebird/image003.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">www.systemsam.net/firebird/image003.jpg</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.systemsam.net/firebird/image008.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">www.systemsam.net/firebird/image008.jpg</a>

Comment

Check out the modification encyclopedia for this site... I [i[think[/i] it's the hurst competition plus shifter.

You might want to install an auto meter light to complete the package.
            <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

I had the B&M Ripper in my 2000 Camaro and loved it. It was like night and day between that and the stock unit. I tried a Pro 5.0 in someone else's car, but didn't like it as much. Probably gonna pick one up for my TA soon.

Chris
              <b>2002 BSM TransAm WS.6 M6</b><br /><b>350rwhp, 365rwtq</b><br /><b>Stock:</b>13.455 @ 105.39 2.129 60\'<br /><b>Mod:</b>12.449 @ 113 1.832 60\'<br /><br /><b>2004 QSM GTO M6</b><br /><b>303rwhp, 329rwtq</b><br />Stock: 13.74 @ 102.14 2.1 60\'<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6</a> <br /><br /><b>1984 Firebird S/E M5</b><br />2.8L

Comment

I have the B&M Ripper in my car, and have no complaints [img]smile.gif[/img]
                2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

How much for the b&m?
                  2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

Ok, i just read the reviews on the shifters. and from what i can see, the hurst is the "better" if you get the short stick for it...wouldnt this create harder and firmer shifts?

Comment

Lou's short stick isn't quite the same as bolting on a short-throw shifter (doesn't change the actual throw, just the angle). B&M can be had from Jeg's for around $165, or Thuderracing for $175, I think.
                      2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys, youve been a real help. =) [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X