trans fluid/filter swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans fluid/filter swap

Im coming up on 30,000 miles soon - Im at 20,500 right now so I'm planning ahead.

One of the things I will do is swap transmission fluid, but I'm curious about a couple of things.

#1, Im switching to Mobil1 or Valvoline synthetic Dexron III - do I need to *flush* my transmission of the old fluid left in the torque converter, or would it be ok to just pump it out the dipstick tube, drain the pan, swap filters, and refill?

#2, I am planning on swapping in a 4L60E Corvette Servo and a larger 3qt Aluminum B&M finned transmission pan (more fluid = better right? :D ). Do I need to know anything special to swap servos, or should I just let someone do it (like a trusted dealership? Mine happens to be good, what a relief).

Thanks guys... [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

ttt
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

I'm changing trans fluid in about a week... what the hell is transgel? the shop manual calls for it but I cant find a place that sells it

Comment

I have my own opinion about the different types of services offered on auto trannys nowadays, so I won't go there.

Dom, I will tell you that swapping the servo won't require any type of fluid exchange-at least that's what I was told when my Vette servo was installed on my '94 ;)
        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Thats good to hear Fin, but I figure it would be good to do while I had my car on Rhino ramps doing the trans work.

My question again is, can I just drain the pan, replace the filter, and refil - or do I need a complete transmission "flush" to goto synthetic Dexron III safely? What is the proper procedure?
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X