shifter handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifter handle

Just wondering if anyone has tried to mount their stock shifter stick to an aftermarket hurst or B&M shifter.
    SLP C.A.I./Whisper Lid<br />K&N Filter<br />Flowmaster 50 series Exhaust<br />Catco 3\" high-flow cat w/<br />2.5\" I-pipe<br />Hurst Billet Shifter w/<br />Lou\'s short stick

Just curious, why would you? Are you talking about the shift knob?
    - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

The stock shifter stick is a one-piece thing. It's not removeable.

If you mean the shift knob, yeah it's been tried, I don't know if anyone got it to stay on there for any long period of time. I just bought an aftermarket for my hurst!!
      <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

They fit the B&M perfect.
        2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

If you have an A4, you can replace just the shifter handle. I have a friend who did this on his Camaro w/a B&M T-handle for automatic shifters. B&M also makes an entire shifter unit to replace the factory knob and shifter itself.

As for manual-equipped cars, there are tons of knobs available for you to choose from. Although some may not fit correctly (the M5 shifter has a 16mm-wide handle and many knobs aren't quite big enough), you can either bore the inside of the knob out to make it fit (as I did w/my Momo knob, since it isn't threaded), or bore it out & re-thread it (as I've heard some people do). I personally haven't had a problem yet with my knob falling off or getting loose, and I do like to shift pretty hard sometimes ;)
          2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. I found out after I installed my hurst that the stock knob didn't fit and was very dissapointed. So, I ordered a shift knob from hurst thinking it would be the right fit. Unfortunately, it didn't because the thread was still too big and I had to use an adapter to keep my HURST knob on my HURST shifter, (tell me that makes sense). Anyway, I thought now that maybe I could just attach my old shifter "stick" (not the knob) onto the hurst shifter and then I would be able to use either my stock knob or the new one I bought on my stock shifter stick. I know Lou's short stick will fit either my stock knob or the hurst knob, but I've tried ordering and haven't heard a response yet.
            SLP C.A.I./Whisper Lid<br />K&N Filter<br />Flowmaster 50 series Exhaust<br />Catco 3\" high-flow cat w/<br />2.5\" I-pipe<br />Hurst Billet Shifter w/<br />Lou\'s short stick

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X