From Auto to Manual...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Auto to Manual...

I know this question has been asked a million times, and many answers have always been: "just go buy a manual;" but considering I cant find a manual and that most of the V8 Fbods are Auto anyways, it may actually be easier to convert. I just want to make sure i have the correct and complete list of ingredients.

A computer from the same year car (only manual).
    A T-56 Trans (which shouldnt be too bad from a salvage yard) -especially if I have a NEW Auto to trade in!
    Correct console to accompany the shifter.
    Clutch (and all the necessary cabling.)

Anything else?

The reason Im asking is because there is a beautiful loaded black transam at the local pontiac dealer. Its an '01 so its got the right price tag...its just auto. I love my 5 speed, but this one has a few things on me: t-tops, 8 cylinders, many many many less miles..

I figured Id grab it, and then a year down the road convert it to manual.

Opinions?

Thanks
    Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

if you're buying a newer car, look around until you find the stick. used T56s are going for $1500 to over $2000. it's not cheap at all.

if you don't want an auto, i wouldn't waste time buying one then converting it. if you have to have this car, install a shift kit and a new torque converter and see if you still want the manual.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X