3.42s/Auburn installed today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.42s/Auburn installed today

Wow, what a difference. I keep nailing the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd gear. Maybe that has something to do with the headers that were installed today also. :D

If you don't have 3.42s, get them. How did i wait for so long not to have this done???

Scott

You shouldn't be hitting the rev limiter. It should shift sooner then before. You might hit on 1-2 because of tire spin. I don't know why you're hitting 2-3.

Comment

reset the PCM!! my tranny was doin all sorts of funning things after i got my 3.42/LSD swapped in. it would shift at wierd RPMs or wouldn't shift back down into 1st gear. the computer is just a little frazzled and needs to be reset.

Comment

is the auburn a clutch-type rear differential, or is it like the zexel-torsen series?
        2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Auburn is clutch based.

Comment

I think it hits on the 2-3 because my car is a beast, LOL. Just kiddin.

It was reprogrammed with a Y87 VIN #, and it has given me no problems at all. Gosh i love this! 1st gear is way too short though, it just rips right on through the powerband. The sound is just incredible!!!

Scott

Comment

did you have any problem getting it reprogrammed?
              did it cost anything?
              where did you get it done?

i'm full o questions... :D
              1996 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Details, you say? Go here.<br /><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/trek/brl866s/camaro.html\" target=\"_blank\">Slick Red</a><p>\"A Great Warrior defeats his enemies by smashing their fists with his face.\" - A Great Warrior

Comment

Scott Black:

One question, did you lose any torque when going from 3.08's to 3.42s????

For example, I have 3.08s in my car and when I give my car some gas, it can really throw you back.

BUT I drove Nikon's 2000 Y87 Camaro the other night......3.42's (automatic just like mine) and that car has NO torque whatsoever.

Would that be b/c he has 3.42's and LSD??????

Comment

So I'm guessing that you had 3.08's before? You can really feel a difference between the gears? I ask because I have never driven a car like ours with 3.42's and have wanted to put 3.42's in my car for so long. I just was never sure if I would feel a difference. I know the 1/4 times would be better I just wasn't sure if I would feel a big difference in the seat when I hit the gas.
                  <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/6330/VicCamaro.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>*1997 Silver Camaro A4/3.08*</b></a><br /><b>Best 1/4</b>(December 17, 2003)<br />Race weight: 3580lbs w/driver <br />RT: .396 1/4: 14.93 60\': 2.08 MPH: 89.73<br /><b>Mods</b><br />&gt;Flowmaster 80 muffler (muffler only) &gt;Homemade cold air with K&N 1000cfm cone filter &gt;Trans-go Shift Kit &gt;2400-2600 TCI converter<p><b>*1969 Camaro SS*</b><br />*502ci (92-octane pump gas)<br />*2-speed powerglide<br /><b>Best 1/4:</b>1.34 60ft 9.78@138.12mph (Aug 16, 2003)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by black97cam:
                    Scott Black:

One question, did you lose any torque when going from 3.08's to 3.42s????

For example, I have 3.08s in my car and when I give my car some gas, it can really throw you back.

BUT I drove Nikon's 2000 Y87 Camaro the other night......3.42's (automatic just like mine) and that car has NO torque whatsoever.

Would that be b/c he has 3.42's and LSD??????
                    <hr></blockquote>

depends on what speed you punch the gas at. my car throws me into my seat when i punch it from the 30-40 range. Highway speeds it is almost no force at all! The 3.08s pulled hard at the higher speeds. Oh well, I prefer off the line acceleration more.

Comment

Treklav..

The pcm was not reprogrammed just reset so it could relearn everything..

Reprogammed = No
                      Cost = nothing
                      Where = At Home

End Rusult = $Priceless

[img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
                      2006 Mustang Premium GT - Legendary Green - LLR#00321
                      Tint: %5 Rear/Louver & %35 doors, BBK CAI w/Brenspeed XCALII tune, Sill inserts,
                      Shorty Antenna, Billet Locks, JBA Exhaust- The quest continues

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Swata:
                        Treklav..

The pcm was not reprogrammed just reset so it could relearn everything..

Reprogammed = No
                        Cost = nothing
                        Where = At Home

End Rusult = $Priceless

[img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
                        <hr></blockquote>

Dood, what the **** are you talking about??? That does not work. People have tried it, and your speedo is still off.

Anyway, i had it done by a buddy of mine at the dealership who is a mechanic. I had programming done, i just got a 2000 V6 VIN number with the Y87 package and it was really simple. As for losing torque, no and yes. Up top it seems like i may have lost a little, but not really, i haven't been able to test it much yet. Down low is insane. I spin all the way through first but that is probably because of the headers as well. I need new suspension parts, LOL! :D

The difference is definitly noticeable, you should all do it. 3.08s blow! I don't know how i went so long without having this done.

Scott

Comment

with 3.42s, as long as I'm in a speed where I can floor it and be in 2nd gear or lower (speeds under 75) then yes...my 3.42s will throw you in the seat. Black97cam...wanna race a real Y87...I'm up for spankin you whenever you want it) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If anyone thinks that 3.08s pull harder at any speed then 3.42s, then bring some cash and come to Chicago.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X