Aluminum DriveShaft's, Are They Worth It? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum DriveShaft's, Are They Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum DriveShaft's, Are They Worth It?

Is there really much of any noticible power gain by swapping to an Aluminum DriveShaft? Feel anything different? ...rev any quicker? ...feel any power difference?

Thanks [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Hey, I'm looking into this too... so any response from you guys would help us both out.
    - Ryan<br /> A.K.A BATMAN<br /> \"Be part of the solution...<br /> Not the problem\"

Comment

Anything that creates less rotating mass will help a lot. Remember that rotating mass slows down a car a lot more than stationary.

Don't have one, but definitely plan on it.
      2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

anybody know the weight difference of aluminum vs carbon vs steel one piece vs steel two piece?
        Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

got this from the modification index here on this site
          <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Most V6 F-Bodies come with a two-piece driveshaft from the factory (although some 99+ models come with a one-piece steel unit). Two-piece units were installed from the factory because they reduce vibration and noise better than a single-piece unit, but if you're pushing any serious amount of torque you run a risk of snapping the driveshaft in half. As an upgrade you can go with a one-piece driveshaft made either of steel, aluminum, or carbon fiber. The stock two piece driveshaft weighs around 22 lbs while aluminum units weigh in the neighborhood of 10-12 lbs. Carbon fiber driveshafts are even lighter (typically 5-7 lbs) but are much more expensive--they can often cost up to $600 or more. All driveshafts are interchangeable on fourth generation F-Bodies: in other words, any of these driveshafts will fit your fourth generation V6.

<hr></blockquote>

Hope this helps
          1996 Y87 Camaro, 175.0 rwhp, 211.6 rwtq.....1/4 15.500@88.54 &lt;----- Needs work!!<br />-CAI, Custom bent S-Pipe, LS1 I-Pipe, Flowmaster 80 series, !MAF, manual fan switch, relocated trunk pop switch, 180 degree t-stat, More to come!<br /> <a href=\"http://camaro.wbisolutions.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaro.wbisolutions.com</a> <p>WANTED!!! Naked and handcuffed!

Comment

i swear to you i looked for that before i asked my question. i just couldn't find that
            Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

I have a hard time finding it somtimes too So I just bookmarked the site. modification index
              1996 Y87 Camaro, 175.0 rwhp, 211.6 rwtq.....1/4 15.500@88.54 &lt;----- Needs work!!<br />-CAI, Custom bent S-Pipe, LS1 I-Pipe, Flowmaster 80 series, !MAF, manual fan switch, relocated trunk pop switch, 180 degree t-stat, More to come!<br /> <a href=\"http://camaro.wbisolutions.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaro.wbisolutions.com</a> <p>WANTED!!! Naked and handcuffed!

Comment

Hey Guys I just replaced my Stock DS yeasterday with a 1LE one. I notice a lttle from just daily driving but I have noticed its a lil easier to get sideways [img]smile.gif[/img] . Im prolly going to the track this weekend Im hopeing it will help there.
                Silver 2000 Firebird A4<br />3.8 A4<br />14.746 @91.98 Feb /03/02<p>1990 Mitsu GSX 5Spd I just got it.<p>Otis for President 04 !!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X