Tranny Cooler prob........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny Cooler prob........

Hey Guys I need to install my BM tranny cooler before wednesday when I get my transgo installed along with a Vette servo. The problem is my SLP CAI is in the way. Note I have a 2000 so my CAI is right in front of the radiator. ANy suggests on where to mount it.

Thanks
    Silver 2000 Firebird A4<br />3.8 A4<br />14.746 @91.98 Feb /03/02<p>1990 Mitsu GSX 5Spd I just got it.<p>Otis for President 04 !!!!!!

TTT
    Silver 2000 Firebird A4<br />3.8 A4<br />14.746 @91.98 Feb /03/02<p>1990 Mitsu GSX 5Spd I just got it.<p>Otis for President 04 !!!!!!

Comment

I am not sure 100% about the 1998-2002 models... but check this out... I am going to have my cooler installed (I will most likely do it myself) and mounted right so the air hits it directly. Okay... on a 1993- 1997 style for instance... you know how there are fog lights right on the middle left and middle right of that black area on the bumper? (basically just look at a 1993-1997 and look at the fog lights [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Anyways... my car's the factory cheapskate I mean lightweight... so I have NO friggin fog lights there... just two openings basically. You can see the radiator... anyways... I am going to have the cooler mounted so it's in front of the radiator on the bottom passenger side fog light hole. I might have to remove my bumper entirely to get everything all good and sturdy but that's fine with me.

Now back to the 1998-2002 model. See if you can mount it so the air hits it there. Are there even holes in that black plastic front area? (basically, 4 inches to the left of the CAMARO lettering on your bumper). I hope this helps. You might want to put some screen or something so no rocks smash the cooler. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

EDIT: you have a Firebird. hmmm... whelp, I'd say right under the air filter... so when the air is being drawn into the intake, it will sorta pull that cooler air over the tranny cooler.

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: Liquid Silver ]</p>
      <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X