how do i know if i have the "y87" package? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i know if i have the "y87" package?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i know if i have the "y87" package?

I have a 99 firebird with 5 speed, how do i know it's a y87? what rearend do i have?

thanks...

Look at the technical database, it will tell ya. Its all in your door codes.
    97 firebird <br />Y87<br />Flowmaster 80 exhaust <br />SLP CAI<br />T-Tops<br />Balding tires!!

Comment

you mean you dont know what the Y87 gears are..I think im understanding you...well if so they are 3.42's if not you prolly have 3.02's or somethin...

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Y87 is LSD rear end, dual turndown exhaust and some steering crap

go look at your door..if it has the code y87 then voila

you have 3.23's all 5 spds are 3.23

Comment

thanks guys...it certainly says y87 on there, is that a good package? what all does it make different? rearend, steering, turned down dual exhaust, what else?

thanks a lot! :D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by blackfire99:
            thanks guys...it certainly says y87 on there, is that a good package? what all does it make different? rearend, steering, turned down dual exhaust, what else?

thanks a lot! :D
            <hr></blockquote>

Sure, it's a good package. Means you have the same steering ratio as a Z28, you have 3.23 gears instead of 3.08's (that's correct, isn't it?), the exhaust isn't bad, but nothing great. Also comes with slightly better tires, and LSD, which is the best part IMHO. That way you don't have to pay to get it later like ol Jeffy :D
            Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X