LS1/LT1 1LE Shaft confuzion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1/LT1 1LE Shaft confuzion

Did you guys know that 2 different 1LE driveshafts exist?

1LE Aluminum Driveshaft (LT1 version) (p/n 10085375)
    1LE Aluminum Driveshaft (LS1 version) (p/n 12564003)

Im not sure which is stronger/lighter but there you go! Anyone have any inside information about the differences between these two?
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

are you sure they're any different? i'm sure there are a few parts from lt1 cars that are the exact same on the ls1 cars but have different #'s. i can't think of anything off-hand, but in the past i know things have been like that with some parts...
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:

Im not sure which is stronger/lighter but there you go! Anyone have any inside information about the differences between these two?
      <hr></blockquote>

I'm told that the LS1 has a larger balancer ring on the tranny end, and that it has caused some interference on automatics, with the cat hanger bracket on the back I believe.

Seems like the LS1 has a slightly larger diameter, maybe 1/4". I got the LT1 for my '98 A4 to avoid any possibility of size issues.
      \'98 A4 Camaro v6-&gt;v8 conversion, and STS kit next<br />v6: 13.6 Powerdyne, 13.2 150 shot, 13.8 120 shot, 14.3 85 shot, 15.7 stock<br />v8(na): 12.18@113, 392rwhp<br />Moderator on <a href=\"http://www.mtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.mtfba.org</a> and <a href=\"http://www.frrax.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.frrax.com</a> (Road Race & Autocross)<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/johnduncan10\" target=\"_blank\">Car pics</a>, <a href=\"http://www.trscca.com\" target=\"_blank\">TN Region SCCA</a>

Comment

I was under the impression that LS1 driveshafts are 2.5'' and 1LE Driveshafts are 3''
        I would go with the 1LE. Dont know the part number.
        Max Shapiro<br />97 Camaro RS<br />-Bright Green Metallic<br />-Tan Leather, T-Tops<br />-3.08\'s, open diff., Automatic 4<br />-Home-Made Cold Air Assembly, Tanza filter<br />-DynoMax Super Turbo Rear Section (2.5\'\')<br />-Hooker (21433) 2.5\'\'in/Dual 3\'\'out Chrome Slash Cut Tips<br />-PolyUrethane Bushings & Endlinks for Front+Rear Sway Bars<br />-Mobil-1 Synthetic 10W-30, 5W-30<br />-Premium Sound System(6 spkrs)<br />-Monsoon 500w CD Head Unit<br />-Firehawks SS20 235.55.R16<p>Awaiting in my garage:<br />3.73s,Zexel Torsen take-off LSD,LS1 Rear Brakes,SLP CAI,3\'\' exhaust piping and 14 SECOND TIME SLIPS!!!

Comment

I just installed an LS1 AL driveshaft in my car and I'm not getting a ticking sound at low rpms, I am gonna get under there this weekend and see whats going on and I'll let you guys know.

I think it is balancer ring in the rear hitting my newly installed 3" pipes.

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: jonny985 ]</p>
          1996 Silver Camaro, Y87, M5, cammed..<br />N/A Best Time: 14.012 @ 98.59<br />195 rwhp / 233 ft-lbs b/f heads/cam<br />Check out my site <a href=\"http://silver3800.cz28.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://silver3800.cz28.com/</a>

Comment

it's weird, cause i get a strange "ticking" noise as well. it's only when i top a hill going really slow...dunno, maybe my 3" pip is swinging over and hitting the ds. don't know what it is really but i'm not going to worry about it, considering theres nothing i can really do.
            2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:

<hr></blockquote>

From where did you get this information?

Why do I ask? - because the 1LE DS NEVER came on a 4th gen F-body, only 3rd gen!

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]</p>
              Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FirebirdGT:

From where did you get this information?

Why do I ask? - because the 1LE DS NEVER came on a 4th gen F-body, only 3rd gen!

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]
                <hr></blockquote>

Actually there was a 1LE option up until 98, so I would assume that some 4th Gens did have it stock.

Viper
                98 Z28 (A4) TC 3.42 Rear,ASCD SS Hood,Wings West SS Rear Spoiler,Mac Headers and Off Road Pipe,ST 3500 Stall,Ported TBody,Free Ram Air Mod,FTRA Kit,Carbon Fiber Lid ,Holley Powershot Filter,Hooker Cat Back,Hotchkis St. Tower Brace,BMR Panhard Rod,BMR Rear Control Arms<p>Waiting on Install: TransGo Shift Kit,LS6 Intake,ASP Crank and Alt.,Underdrive Pullies,NOS 5177 KIT,New Set of Heads awaiting Porting, Custom Fuel Rail Covers

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Viper:

Actually there was a 1LE option up until 98, so I would assume that some 4th Gens did have it stock.

Viper
                  <hr></blockquote>

Sorry, you assume wrong. The 4th gen 1LE NEVER came with the alum 1LE DS, only the 3rd gen 1LE's. Just like 3rd gen 1LE's had different front brakes, 4th gen 1LE used stock brakes. The 1LE "package" changed, and it also changed within the 4th gen cars. See the Technical Database for specific details of each year.
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X