Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diff. fluid change

how often?
    also i'm starting to get a clicking noise in my diff housing from time to time. i think the fluid just needs to be changed. and i have y87..
    97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

its not hard but its messy..gear lube smells horrible

all you have to do is go buy the gasket for the 10 bolt and some LSD additive (convtroversial topic) and 2 qts of 75w-90 fluid

then basically unbolt the covering all around first then totally undo the bottom so the fluid will drain when its done draining take off the cover and clean it up a bit.clean the cover cause it has a magnet on it with grease and metal shavings and such..make sure you clean the old gasket off very well.. put the new gasket on and tighten everything down and fill it back up..the fill hole is on the side not the top..i found this out the hard way.. easy as that seriously

Jeff W

Comment

I think it is every 15,000 miles? or maybe 30,000
      I'm drawing a blank off hand.
      I've changed mine 5 times in the life of my birdie and it only has 70,000 miles on it.
      If you have the spare cash you might want to invest in a ta girdle and stud kit if you drag race a lot. It also has a drain and refill plug in it to make things easier.
      Also I plan on putting royal purple in it (I'm told it is better)
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

wow my car has 58,000on it and the diff. oil hasn't been changed yet. i think i'm going to be doing this soon.
        97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

Comment

99% of the cars in the yunk yards never had their differentail fluid changed. Do it once a year or year and a half. It's nothing crucial like engine or transmission oil. As long as there is some oil in there it's ok. I used full synthetics, dyno, and now put it half synthetic. It's all the same. Whenever I did a fluid change it looked like it did when I poured it in. When you have fresh gears installed you change it again after a 1000 miles incase there are metal shavings.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X