LSD and 1LE DS installed !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD and 1LE DS installed !

Finally got around to installing the aluminum DS and LSD this weekend. The LSD install was relatively painless, but the DS was a PITA. The DS I had needed new u-joints, and pressing the old ones out required a 10 pound sledge,two hours of my time, and (almost) a fingertip. Decided to do it right after this experience and used an arbor press from work to do the reinstall and the slip yoke. D*mn those injected nylon retaining clips are strong ! :eek:

TIP: Make sure the grease nipples on the replacement u-joints are pointing towards the shaft !!

Driving the 'maro with the LSD installed compared to the open diff is like nite and day ... can't hardly wait to get back to the track ! :D

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: MidLifeSpeed ]</p>
    associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

congrats!!!!!
    now you just gotta get back on that dyno, get a few runs (in different gears for the doubters), and see what kind of difference it made.
    you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

Excellent...you are gonna burn up the track in Ennis. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

hehehe, yeah watch out for those ujoints. still need to try and install mine for a third time and hopefully this time it won't try and make a bid for freedom while i'm going 70mph, but i need a third u-joint now. *groan*

lsd is the best mod though. much better traction. though watch out cause i started to have wheel hop problems after that.
        i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

Got the LCA's to take care of that :D
          ...but gotta get some drag radials or something, can't launch at even 2000 rpm without smokin' (both :cool: ) tires now !!
          associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

Comment

just out of curiosity did you add the LSD additive? I have seen some say to use it others say not to. Since our LSD's don't have friction clutches I thought we didn't need em. When you say the LSD install was painless, about how long was the install? I sooooo want to do this and for only 100 bucks I am looking seriously at it once tax day is over.
            thnx
            -Brad
            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
            :rock:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MidLifeSpeed:
              Finally got around to installing the aluminum DS and LSD this weekend. The LSD install was relatively painless... can't hardly wait to get back to the track ! :D

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: MidLifeSpeed ]
              <hr></blockquote>

Congrats Steve! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

LSD install was painless, but I took my time, cleaned everything real good, torqued all the bolts to the right value, reassembled ... took about two hours.

I did install the LSD additive ... it is a friction reducer and can't hurt even if the Zexel-Torsen doesn't need it (worm gears )

Comment

i used the additive too. just insurance i guess.
                  i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X