Rear end swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear end swap

Say I find a rear end(I'm guessing the disc brakes also) off a Z28 with either the same or better gears than I currently have, what else do I have to change to make it fit? I'm tired of only having one burnout mark and drum brakes. Thanks for the help!
    95 3.4 A4<br /><b>Performance:</b> SLP CAI, Flowmaster 80-Series Exhaust, Catco High-Flow Cat, ADS Performance Chip, 160* Thermostat, TB-Bypass<br /><b>Appearance:</b> 35th Ann. Stripes, SS hood, Wings West W-type bodykit, Wings West wing, 17\" Chrome Firehawk rims, Chrome Inserts, Clear Corners, Decals<br /><b>Audio:</b>2 12\" Audiobahn Subs, 1400watt Audiobahn amp, Streetwires, Subthump custom box, Audiobahn door speakers, JVC headunit<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/photo/86905013/106283184LzOzZC\" target=\"_blank\">New Pic</a>

if they are disc brakes then you'll need different e-brake cables.

thats all I believe.
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cale:
      if they are disc brakes then you'll need different e-brake cables.

thats all I believe.
      <hr></blockquote>

Yep, that's it! Unless you break something during disassembly/re-assembly. I replaced my rear shocks, just because I had everything apart and the old ones had over 90k on them. I replaced my drum brake rear with the posi disk rear, and kept the same 3:23 ratio.
      If you have any questions once you start this project, e-mail me. I'll be happy to help out the best I can.

Marc
      sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        3 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X