Rear end from Speed Automotive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear end from Speed Automotive

I have a question about the complete rear ends sold on speed automotives website. How complete are they? I was looking at the one with 3.42 gears for 250 bucks. Does this include everything, like brakes (hopefully discs) and limited slip and all? For 250 bucks that seems like a really good deal. Anyone with info please help.
    1994 3.4L 5-speed V6<br />flowmaster 80 series<br />Jet Chip Stage II<br />160 Degree Thermostat<br />free ram air mod<p><br />DO NOT PATRONIZE COORPORATE GREED!!!!!!!

I just bought one from them for $300. It's a complete unit (3.42) incl the disc brakes. I also had to buy an e-brake cable because the V8s and V6s differ. My guess is the $250 is for the unit w/o the brakes??? But I can't wait till it arrives!! Should be by Thursday! :D
    Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

Comment

Cool, let me know how everything goes and how you like it. Did you get the 3.42 gears too? Also, I wanted to know how long and hard the installation was, or how much it costs if you had someone else do it. Thanks.
      1994 3.4L 5-speed V6<br />flowmaster 80 series<br />Jet Chip Stage II<br />160 Degree Thermostat<br />free ram air mod<p><br />DO NOT PATRONIZE COORPORATE GREED!!!!!!!

Comment

how much was shipping??
        1998 Jet Black Trans-am M6 T-tops<br />\"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find: knock and it shall be opened unto you:-Matthew 7:7<br />Old car<br /><a href=\"http://matthew27529.tripod.com/getsome\" target=\"_blank\">http://matthew27529.tripod.com/getsome</a><br />NEW CAR<br /><a href=\"http://garnerebel.tripod.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://garnerebel.tripod.com/</a>

Comment

Yeah, id like to know too! Dont forget to recalibrate your speedometer

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Yes, it comes with 3.42 gears. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
            Shipping was $65 from TN to NC. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

And i don't know how to recalibrate the speedo [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] .. suggestions?
            Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

Comment

I got mine for $383 to Orlando, another $25 for 1 piece driveshaft. so $408 including shipping. It came with everything, jsut the rotors were bad, and the calipers needed ot be cleaned and regreased. I chaned fluid ot be safe, works great, my speedo was only off like 5-8 mph, ohh well.

Comment

I did the swap w/ 3.42, discs an e-brake cable for $300 + 100 for shipping. O ya it came w/ the swaybar too.

The only thing you need asfar as supplies go are new fluid, gasket, lsd addative, and a brake bleader tool + fluid.

The install took about 6 hours w/ me doing all the work by myself until I needed help balancing the new rear for reinstall. It's pretty straight forward. Good luck

BTW the speedo is only off by 8mph according to my GPS unit and can be fixed by grabbing a y87 year comp, or finding a nice gm dealer that'll flash your ecm to the y87 specs. I kinda like my speedo alittle high thou, it keeps me from speeding, as much that is ;)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the $250 is for the rear's w/o 3.42 or atlest that's what the deal was several months ago.

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Mike Mayron ]</p>
                -96 Birdie<br />-2x 87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z<br />-97 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel

Comment

I plan on doing this mod very soon. BTW, the JET SCU2000 module sorrects speedomoter changes.
                  \'99 SDime reg. cab stepside<br />4.3/auto/3.42 open<br />Performance: 2.5\" from the y into a Magnaflow, modded stock airbox, MAF mod<br />Exterior: dropped 2/1, Gen 2 hood, clear corners, euro tails, billet bowtie, Xtreme wheels, shaved emblems

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X