B&M or Hurst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&M or Hurst

I am looking for a new shifter for my car. Who do you think i should get and what is the best price i can find?
    2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

i have the bandm ripper and i love it. I have a hurst that is alomst brand new has about 20miles on itthat i got as a present after i had ordered my bandm that i will sell for 100 dollars. everything is included. you will ,ike both shifers?
    2002 Silver Firebird M5<br />T-Tops, Whisper Lid, Flow Master 80 series w/ 3\" stainless tips, Holly Powershot filter, B&M Ripper shifter with Leather SLP shift knob, Eurolight conversion kit for headlights. Mods soon to come<br />Raptor style ram air hood, intake kit.<p>my car <a href=\"http://www.systemsam.net/firebird/image003.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">www.systemsam.net/firebird/image003.jpg</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.systemsam.net/firebird/image008.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">www.systemsam.net/firebird/image008.jpg</a>

Comment

I ahev the B&M Ripper and love it! But have my friend 3.8L and he had Hurst, it is also much better than the stock!
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I love my B&M, and most B&M owners will probably tell you the same thing. I've gotten to row through a Hurst unit ot two, only real difference I noticed was the shifts felt 'softer', but they were still short. The only disadvantage to having the B&M is not being able to get a Lou's short stick to go with it, but hey, no biggie.
        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

I got my Hurst for $160 from Jegs. I love it, one of the best mods I've ever done!!!

The Hurst has a longer stick than the B&M, but nothing that Lou's short stick shouldn't fix! But that adds another $40 to the price.

Go with which ever you can find cheaper is what I suggest. Jeg's has them, and so does Summit.

Hope this Helps!!! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

I have the Hurst that came from the factory in my car. I like it ok but then again with this being the only car I have ever driven with a manual trany I wouldnt know any better, but I hear most people on LS1.com get rid of the hurst and get a b&m or pro 5.0 and like these much better.

Gerry
            <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Comment

A big advantage of the B&M also is you can put factory knobs on them if you like.
              2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

I really like the gray leather knobs that you can buy that have the Hurst "H" on them. Will those knobs fit with Lou's short stick. Just making sure before I spend the money for one.

josh
                1994 3.4L 5-speed V6<br />flowmaster 80 series<br />Jet Chip Stage II<br />160 Degree Thermostat<br />free ram air mod<p><br />DO NOT PATRONIZE COORPORATE GREED!!!!!!!

Comment

Also, when I put in my B&M, I could feel a LOT of tranny movement through it, actually raising up the stck noticably. I put on an aftermarket polyeurathane tranny mount and that went away. Only problem is it rides much more rough and I can feel all the vibrations that the tranny makes. Anybody else experienced this?
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by OneQuickV6:
                    Also, when I put in my B&M, I could feel a LOT of tranny movement through it, actually raising up the stck noticably. I put on an aftermarket polyeurathane tranny mount and that went away. Only problem is it rides much more rough and I can feel all the vibrations that the tranny makes. Anybody else experienced this?<hr></blockquote>

Ya that is suppose 2 happen.

Also the Hurst knob will fit the lou's Short stick or the B&M, but wont fit the plain hurst.
                    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X