Cneterforce dual friction clutch on a 3.4L - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cneterforce dual friction clutch on a 3.4L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cneterforce dual friction clutch on a 3.4L

what size would i need, I am shopping aorund, I may consider it.

CTF-DF504965 Clutch Set ``Dual Friction`` 93-95 GM Camaro/Firebird

anyone know if this is it for sure?

Also anyone know the part number of the throw out bearing?

Nevermidn I found the throwout bearing

CTF-N1716 GM: 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines, throwout bearing Throwout Bearing 55-97 GM Cars & Trucks

Anyone know of anyhitng else I should do if I were to do the clutch?

Comment

if it were me I'd do the rear main seal while I was at it.. you already will have access to it.. and you are gonn have to pull the flywheel off anyway to get it resurfaced.. the seal is just a few bucks so why not.. IMHO..
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

yeah I was thinking the same, I am looking at more of a regular shop then a actualy transmission shop especially liek AAMCO.

AAMCO=Chicken Fuc|<ers

Comment

You have the correct part numbers. And the guys are right. Might as well do the rear main seal while you are there. Don't want to have to pull it back out again anytime soon. Think of it as a few dollars worth of insurance. That's how I did mine.

Also, do a search for "brake cylinder". There is a minor flaw in the GM design that restricts the fluid flow. If you don't find it. I'll re-write it up and post it again.

What this does is engage the clutch faster than factory. GM wanted that "woman" feel with the clutch. This is something I also had done and was noticeable.

Steve
          FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
          Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
          Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Screw CenterForce! :mad: :mad: I have their Dual Friction Clutch on my 3.4l and it's the biggest piece of crap. I had it put on August 2000 and it worked great, grabbed hard and drove well. But now it slips and is horrible. Not worth the $350. I am going to buy a stock clutch or maybe try a Ram clutch for $179. Ram makes a Power Grip for $229. Just my 2 cents [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Comment

well I think the centerforce is a good cluth, though i cant give my experience since mines still sitting in my closet, but whatever way you go, check this place out, they had a good *** price on mine, looks like the one for the 3.4 is more expensive though...

http://www.macromotive.com/shopping/...tag=3.1&area=4

Cp

Comment

I had a Centerforce Dual Friction on my 3.4L V6. I loved it. A few months ago, I couldn't get my clutch to engage so before taking it all apart, I bought a SPEC Stage 3 clutch for it. When I disassembled it, I noticed that it wasn't the clutch at all...it was the Clutch Fork pivot ball. Since I had it apart, I went ahead and switched it out. Now, I have a Dual Friction set here just sitting on the work bench. It has about 16K miles on it and still looks new...except for being dirty. If anyone is interested, lemme know. $150 + shipping.
                - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X