LSD install tip of the day ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD install tip of the day ...

If your car has high mileage (mine had 79K) when you install your LSD, go ahead and replace the wheel bearings and seals.

I installed my LSD last Saturday, was real careful with the seals, but by Monday the driver's side seal was leaking.

Was sure a PITA to have to take it apart again :mad:
    associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

I recommend the $90 kit from thunderracing by Ratech.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheCardinal:
      I recommend the $90 kit from thunderracing by Ratech.<hr></blockquote>

that seems kinda like overkill.. midlife.. you meant the axle bearings and seals right?? or did you change the carrier bearings too.. if you are talking about the axle bearings and seals.. wellll then the complete kit by ratech doesn't include them.. by the way how much was there to changing those bearings and seals..
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

Yeah ... meant the axle bearings and seals. The seals run about $2 a pop and I bought the heavy duty bearings for about $20 a pop. Pulled the old ones out and they are certainly NOT heavy duty, looks like the bearings are held in the races by "chicken wire" !!
        associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X