ST3500 does not fit!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ST3500 does not fit!!!!

I bought it from a friend of mine. Before i purchased it, i called Yank to ensure that it would fit right up, since it was for the LS1.

Sure, it will fit, they are the same except for... (some part i can't remember but not related to the converter).

So we go to put it in today, it's all taken apart, and Ryan (mechanic) goes to slip it on. OOPS! On the back of the converter where it is supposed to go into the flywheel and crankshaft, we have a skinny inlet. The one on back of the ST3500 is fat! So, i am ****ED! I'm selling it and going to just call Edge and have them make me one. It REALLY PISSES ME OFF THAT YANK SAID IT FITS, BUT GUESS WHAT IT DOESN'T!!!

Why is it that whenever i go to mod the car something ALWAYS has to go wrong!!!!

Scott :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You never mentiond that you bought it from an LS1 friend of yours.. we would have told you it wouldn't fit.

Plus, an ST3500 on an LS1 would be more like a ST2800 on a V6.
    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

[img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] I wanted to see that converter [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

all i can say is call yank and talk to a tech....theres other people here runnin yank converters and theres fit..

sorry bro

Jeff W

[ May 02, 2002: Message edited by: NBMA4V6 ]</p>

Comment

This converter was in a LS1??? What are you thinking? I though you actually bough it from Yank. Of course it won't fit. And even if it did fit, do you think it will stall anywhere near 3500??? Hell no!!! This might even stall lower then stock. You don't have 350ft-lbs of torque to turn that thing. You have 150. I don't know what else to say.

Comment

Hey Keith,Dom...

BLEEP BLEEP BLOOP KABEEEP BLOOP BLOOP BEEEEP
          DATA SORT
          BEEP BEEP
          BLEEP BLOOP

I EMAILED YANK [ZORT] AND AM WAITING FOR A RESPONSE. [KERBOP]

LOL. Knowledgefreak is the only one who will get the joke of this response.

Scott

Comment

wow did you talk 2 mike at yank? when i ordered my tc he sent me an ls1 tc which was WAY bigger and heavier, you should have talked 2 mike i bet he would have told you it wouldnt fit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X