u-joints bad, or is it something else - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

u-joints bad, or is it something else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• u-joints bad, or is it something else

I've been having this really weird sound come from the back of my Camaro ever since I changed the rear end from 3.23's to a 98 Trans Am's with limited slip and 3.42's. When ever I go from reverse to drive or vise versa I hear this clunk ever so often. It also happens with I’m decelerating from 2nd to 1st. I went over to camaroz28.com because I figured that our bigger brothers (the V8’s) would most likely have this same problem and more regularly then us V6er’s. I came across the same reply to almost all the returns I got from my search: the torque arm bushings are bad and/or the u-joints are shot. Does that sound about right, I just hope that it isn’t that new rear end I put in because I don’t really want to put anymore money into that thing, if it is the driveshaft I’ll just get a new one, which I was planning on doing anyways.

thanks
    Nick<br /><br />1996 White RS

I have the same thing. Don't worry about it. I think it's the 1 piece DS. If you oil it up where it goes into the transmission it stops for a month. I also have an Auburn diff. It could be that. Don't worry about it.

Comment

well if it's your U-joints you need to worry about it.. crawl under the car.. grab the drive shaft and try to move it up and down and side to side.. (not a twisting motion) and see if you can move it .. if so your U-joints are shot.. I'd try that near the front and rear joints..
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X