X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this torque converter a bad choice?

http://www.lnjstreetrods.com/products/v6_converter/
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

That converter doesn't stall much higher than stock. You'd put it in and wouldn't notice that much difference.
    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Why do they advertise a range? Is it not as simple as a single stall speed?
      1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

the stll of your converter depends on how much torque is applied to it. lower torque engines that are nearly stock would stall it out about 2400 and higher torque engines would stall it at 2800. I think that TC's have gotten way expensive and i might look into this one cus it would fit the budget of an alomst 17 y/o a bit better...

Matt
        [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
        -Matt<br />Manager/Tech Support<br />Precision Speed & High Performance<br /><br />visit us on the web at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.precisionspeedonline.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.precisionspeedonline.net</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>That converter doesn't stall much higher than stock. You'd put it in and wouldn't notice that much difference. <hr></blockquote>

well i emailed the guy an lnjstreetrods and asked him about the stall speed on my particular car. he said quite a few fbody owners have invested in this converter and they usually get a stall speed of around 2800 or a little higher.

as far as my stock stall speed--i can't stall any higher than 1800, ever. 2800 is a good deal higher than 1800 and only a small amount less than what a $800 vigalante converter can stall at. do you reall think i would see little to no gains with this?
          2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Agreed, not much difference with that converter. What is the STR? Efficiency?

Think about it, most companies will tell anyone anything about a product to sell it. Ask him for solid references and talk to those who actually have bought it, then make your choice from there.

It is a generic converter (meaning that it fits more than one motor) so you really won't know the stall speed until you get it.....that raises a red flag to me personally. I want to know my speed before i buy it. Jack over at PI helped me choose my converter and got my stall speed right on the dot.

Scott

Comment

Is there a possibility that this is an LT1 converter that stalls at about 3000 or 3100 on LT1's? I'm gonna add this info to my mods list. Thanks for the hookup, Only4U! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
              <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AMinor65:
                Is there a possibility that this is an LT1 converter that stalls at about 3000 or 3100 on LT1's? I'm gonna add this info to my mods list. Thanks for the hookup, Only4U! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

No. LT1 converters don't fit in our cars. V6 bellhousings are smaller.

Scott

Comment

Oh, I thought that it was LS1 converters that don't fit.
                  <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

Neither do. V8 bellhousings are larger than V6s. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Scott

Comment

I've heard 11" and 9.5" diameters... which do we need to order? 9.5" isn't it?
                      1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scott Black:

Scott
                        <hr></blockquote>

how do you know scott?

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NBMA4V6:

how do you know scott?

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                          <hr></blockquote>

Pure knowledge my friend. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                          Asssssssssss!!!!

Scott

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scott Black:

Scott
                            <hr></blockquote>

words from a wise man with a lot of experence in the matter [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

Hawgs you are still ugly. And your car is slow.

Hey it happens to the best of us. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You bastard......lol.

Scott

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X